• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places to stay in Padron.

happymarkos

HappyMark
Time of past OR future Camino
2023. Finish the VDLP. Zamora to Santiago.
Any advice on places to stay or avoid in Pedron please
Thanks
Mark

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Mark, not far to go now.

I stayed at the hotel residencia "Cuco" with a fellow pilgrim. It cost about 30 euros for the two of us. it was very basic but was clean and had a bath. Fellow pilgrims opted for the municipal albergue just beyond the church, over the river to the left and they were happy with that. Other folks we met up with along the way stayed in private accommodation in Padron but the cost for that was in the region of 40 euros for a single room.

On the way out of Padron in the morning you will come across a very good cafe, it's a bit like a truckstop. We had a very good breakfast there and the woman behind the counter was so kind.

bom caminho!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you want to make this stage a little longer, and the final day a bit shorter, walk on to A Picarana. I stayed at Pension Glorioso and had a fabulous room with bathroom for Euro25. A couple of other small hotels there and there were also a couple of albergues a couple of kilometres further on. It certainly made for a nice short day and early arrival into Santiago. Enjoy. Mel

Pensão O Jardim in Padrón
Very nice place to stay. It is in John Brierley's guide ( did not check up Johnny Walker's new guide so far as Padrón yet but think it will be in there too.

The place to be for your breakfast in Padrón is Pepe's bar . Close by the albergue and the bridge. Ask for Pepe ! - great happening. Everybody knows him in Padrón.

Any advice on places to stay or avoid in Pedron please
Thanks
Mark
Why not the municipal. It is in a great location and has good all round facilities and inside and outside space and a good vibe.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Why not the municipal. It is in a great location and has good all round facilities and inside and outside space and a good vibe.
Yes stayed in the municipal and it was great. Showers a bit old etc but a good spirit and great location

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back