• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places to stay Viscarretta, Lintzoain & Espinal

ritescot

Veteran member since 2011
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello, I am from Texas. I arrive in Roncesvalles from Pamplona September 8, 2021, and start walking Sept. 9. I have stayed in Viscarretta three times, once at Corazon Puro when it was run by the Hungarian couple, and twice at Amatxi Elsa in Viscarretta. I liked them both, but Corazon Puro no longer appears to be open. I want to stay in Viscaretta, but am having trouble. Amatxi Elsa may not be open. Has anyone walked through there recently, or been able to make reservations in Viscarretta? At Amatxi Elsa or elsewhere? I would like info.

I may need to stay at Lintzoain or Espinal. First choice Lintzoain. Any recent walkers through there.

Also, what is Sept. 8 in Roncesvalles. The complex (I guess museum and church) is stated to be closed Sept. 8 on the Roncesvalles website. Who knows what Sept. 8 is?

If anyone else is going to St. Jean or Roncesvalles afternoon of Sept. 8, I could share a taxi.

Thanks, Carole Owen, (ritescot) Texas

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello, I am from Texas. I arrive in Roncesvalles from Pamplona September 8, 2021, and start walking Sept. 9. I have stayed in Viscarretta three times, once at Corazon Puro when it was run by the Hungarian couple, and twice at Amatxi Elsa in Viscarretta. I liked them both, but Corazon Puro no longer appears to be open. I want to stay in Viscaretta, but am having trouble. Amatxi Elsa may not be open. Has anyone walked through there recently, or been able to make reservations in Viscarretta? At Amatxi Elsa or elsewhere? I would like info.

I may need to stay at Lintzoain or Espinal. First choice Lintzoain. Any recent walkers through there.

Also, what is Sept. 8 in Roncesvalles. The complex (I guess museum and church) is stated to be closed Sept. 8 on the Roncesvalles website. Who knows what Sept. 8 is?

If anyone else is going to St. Jean or Roncesvalles afternoon of Sept. 8, I could share a taxi.

Hi Carole, I have stayed twice in Viskarreta at La Posada Nueva and recommend it, if it is open. It's just up from where Corazon Puro was, on the other side of the street, opposite the square. It was very comfortable and the owner was lovely.

September 8th in Roncesvalles is an important local pilgrimage day which falls on the 2nd Wednesday of Sept (Roncesvalles is a pilgrimage site in its own right). I was there in 2017 and there were lots of people there for the day, and they had a special mass. It didn't seem to affect availability of accommodation though, and the albergue and hotels were open.

Hi Carol I booked a room for mid August a few days ago in Lintzoain at
Posada El Camino . It has been difficult to get replies, but not unexpected. I hope that as time passes more opportunities will become available. Buena Suerte

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Carol. In Zubiri , Pension Amets emailed me a reply that they have some space for the date I was interested in . Perhaps they would have something for you. I have read on a couple of sites that it was a good place to stay.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Carole, I have stayed twice in Viskarreta at La Posada Nueva and recommend it, if it is open. It's just up from where Corazon Puro was, on the other side of the street, opposite the square. It was very comfortable and the owner was lovely.

September 8th in Roncesvalles is an important local pilgrimage day which falls on the 2nd Wednesday of Sept (Roncesvalles is a pilgrimage site in its own right). I was there in 2017 and there were lots of people there for the day, and they had a special mass. It didn't seem to affect availability of accommodation though, and the albergue and hotels were open.
Thank you, Getting There. I did not have any luck for La Posada Nueva when I tried, but I finally heard from Posada El Camino in Lintzoain which appears to be a very good place. I have booked a bunk there and dinner and breakfast. I just did not want to walk from Roncesvalles to Zubiri in one day because of that steep, challenging stretch at the end of the day. Carole (Ritescot)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Carol. In Zubiri , Pension Amets emailed me a reply that they have some space for the date I was interested in . Perhaps they would have something for you. I have read on a couple of sites that it was a good place to stay.
Thanks, Traveller44, I had already booked at El Palo de Avellano where I have stayed before. I had hoped to stay at Albergue Suseia where I have stayed twice, but decided on El Palo. Suseia is not serving food, and it's dinners are legendary. If I was going to need to walk back into town from Suseia, I decided I should stay at El Palo, which also is not serving dinner, but would be closer to evening food of some sort. I recommend either place. Maybe one or both will be serving dinner by September.

The stretch from Roncessvalles was the problem. I did not want to do in one day because of the last tricky miles into Zubiri. Now I have solved that problem by getting a bunk in Lintzoain.

Posada El Camino . It has been difficult to get replies, but not unexpected. I hope that as time passes more opportunities will become available. Buena Suerte
Thanks, Traveler44. La Posada El Camino is where I finally booked a bunk for Sept. 9. Seems like a good place. Have a nice stay there in August, and thanks for the suggestion.

De nada Carol. It's nice to make a little progress

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you, Getting There. I did not have any luck for La Posada Nueva when I tried, but I finally heard from Posada El Camino in Lintzoain which appears to be a very good place. I have booked a bunk there and dinner and breakfast. I just did not want to walk from Roncesvalles to Zubiri in one day because of that steep, challenging stretch at the end of the day. Carole (Ritescot)

P. S. Thanks for the info on what Sept. 8 is in Roncesvalles. I had figured it might be a fiesta or holiday of some sort. Maybe it will be extra interesting there that day.

Thanks, Traveler44. La Posada El Camino is where I finally booked a bunk for Sept. 9. Seems like a good place. Have a nice stay there in August, and thanks for the suggestion.
Carole FWIW I found available lodging in Urdániz at Alojamientos Acá y Alla for my next stop after Lintzoain.
Cheers.

I am also looking to stay at Lintzoain or Bizkarreta but I am coming up empty as far as any place to stay. I also checked Espinal. This is for August 5th. Any ideas please let me know. It will be my first day and I'd prefer not to go all the way to Zubiri. I'm not even sure I can find something in Zubiri at this point?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for the tip. Even the camping place is full for the night of August 5. There seems to be nothing between Roncevalles and Zubiri. I am even having trouble with Zubiri on August 5, though I got something on August 6.

Thanks for the tip. Even the camping place is full for the night of August 5. There seems to be nothing between Roncevalles and Zubiri. I am even having trouble with Zubiri on August 5, though I got something on August 6.
There is plenty of greenery if you are into ad hoc "sleeping rough".
Howver aother place you might consider is the Abbey of Eskirotz and Ilarratz, also known as the Iglesia Parroquial de Santa Lucia, a few km after Zubiri. See this web.www.CAMINOABBEY.ORG

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There is plenty of greenery if you are into ad hoc "sleeping rough".
Howver aother place you might consider is the Abbey of Eskirotz and Ilarratz, also known as the Iglesia Parroquial de Santa Lucia, a few km after Zubiri. See this web.www.CAMINOABBEY.ORG
I don't think sleeping rough would be ok for me for several reasons. Thanks for the info about the abbey. It doesn't look from their website like they host, but I will email them.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back