Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places to stay

jacci

Time of past OR future Camino
camino primitivo 15-23October2016
...and so we are walking the camino 15-22october. My husband and I and our 2 sons. Will it be relatively easy to find place to stay. We are easy people so no hotels...but what do you ask for in spanish.
....and what is the best bust cheapest option. Do we need to take sleeping bags?
We fly to Santiago and take the bus to lugo. Stay the evening and start our walk on sunday. No pre booked accomodation. Only us and our backpacks. Any tips welcome.
....and also can we pay with our debit cards or do you recommend cash?
and and and. ....and any tips and advice welcome!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I would recommend using your debit card to take out Euros to spend as cash for meals, albegues, etc. --taking out enough to last for a few days. If you stay in more expensive lodging/buy something expensive you could use credit card or debit card. Don't bring for instance dollars to exchange, that would be very difficult. If it were me, I would reserve lodging for your first night in Lugo, but others might say you could maybe get four beds at the albergue (I guess it depends on how late you will arrive in Lugo
buen camino
edit: you are seeking the albergue if you want the pilgrim's hostal; a pension is a small/budget type lodging; in albergues and hostals you will be getting a 'cama' or bed, not a room.

From your questions I am guessing you do not have a guidebook. Is that correct? I would do a bit more research in order to manage your expectations. I am concerned that if you don't know how to find, or call, an albergue, or that you do need to being a sleeping bag, what you are packing may be a bit off. If you woild like to post your backpack's content many hear will be happy to mKe suggestions.

Cash is king, places to sleep are albergues unless you want a B&B type of accomodation. The main albergue in Lugo is huge, so if you arrive early to mid afternoon you will find beds for the 4 of you. You do need a sleepingbag, a towel (micro material, super small one), I also like to carry a pillowcase.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
...and so we are walking the camino 15-22october. My husband and I and our 2 sons. Will it be relatively easy to find place to stay. We are easy people so no hotels...but what do you ask for in spanish.
....and what is the best bust cheapest option. Do we need to take sleeping bags?
We fly to Santiago and take the bus to lugo. Stay the evening and start our walk on sunday. No pre booked accomodation. Only us and our backpacks. Any tips welcome.
....and also can we pay with our debit cards or do you recommend cash?
and and and. ....and any tips and advice welcome!
Welcome to the forum!
I haven't walked the Primitivo yet so other might be better source of information and tips. You can browse through subforum section for Primitivo and here is resources section:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-primitivo.83/

Other guides although in English you can find at these web sites. You can use Google translate:
http://www.gronze.com/camino-primitivo
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los-caminos-de-santiago/primitivo/
http://www.mundicamino.com/los-caminos/54/camino-primitivo/

Have a nice Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back