• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places with communal meals on the Norte .....

Roger0704

Let's walk the talk.....
Time of past OR future Camino
I did CF April/May 2018...
Gonna Do Camino Norte April 2019
Hello fellow Peregrinos..

I love to have evening meals together with fellow peregrinos in the albergues.
If you now albergues who provide this on the Norte, please respond to this message, so I can put them on my to do list.;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Here are some that I remember
- Los doce tribus a few kilometers before San Sebastian ( no alcohol or bottled drinks like coca cola a.s.o)
- Albergue in Orio
- Albergue Izarbide 5 km after Deba. Isolated but shortens the hard day to Markina
- Albergue in Mendata, 16 km after Markina-Xemein
- Private Albergue in Euskadi 17 km after Mendata
- Private Albergue in Noja ( they serve a meal, not all pilgrims will probably eat here)
- Albergue in Guemes ( the famous Albergue of Abuelo Peuto, nice place but a few km of camino; no coffee, snacks, drinks available only tap water
- Albergue Boo de Pielagos
- Albergue de Pendueles Aves de Paso
- El reposo de Andsyon in Cuerres 18 km after Celorio, very good albergue
- La Payariego, a few km before Villaviciosa, private. Nice place , but food was not good
- Albergue la Naranja Peregrina in Muros de Nalon, 22 km after Aviles
- O xistral 5 km after Abadin, very nice place, donativo, isolated
- A Roxica 15 km before Sobrado dos Monxes, private, isolated but only ? place between Baamonde and Sobrado
I don't know exactly which ones were private, none of them are expensive, I think all have dormitories

oooohhhhh.Great
Thanks for making this effort, it will come in handy !!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
O Bisonte de Maariz, about 6km out of Mondenedo-- I believe it is vegetarian-- a donativo run by an artist from Madrid (who speaks English).

A friend of mine who spent time at the Twelve Tribes facility just before Saint Sebastian has asked me to pass on her recommendation that people be careful about involvement with them.

The Orio hostel is remarkable. Lovely communal meal. At Miraz the Donativo hostel has a kitchen. There is one local bar in the village where there is private accomodation and in practice everyone eats at the same place

Maggie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A friend of mine who spent time at the Twelve Tribes facility just before Saint Sebastian has asked me to pass on her recommendation that people be careful about involvement with them.

Can you be less vague and elaborate?

I have been asked not to be specific, as she does not want the particulars of her experience discussed. I can say that there was no question of anything illegal or improper.

Ok, I was watching a vlog of a gentleman and he highly recommended it... I wasn’t planning on staying there, but I planned on stopping there for a rest....now when I arrive I’m going to have to transform to “Columbo” and be highly attentive

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I stayed in los doce tribus. It was a nice place, with a beautifull garden. Los doce tribus is a kind of religious community. They have houses in different parts of te world. They find inspiration in the twelve Jewish tribes. At the good, communal meal, people of the community explain what they believe and do. Being an atheist myself, I could not relate to their belief. The people were nice though and were not trying to convert us or anything of the kind. Like I said in my earlier post, there are no alcoholic drinks of bottled refreshments available, only a kind of mate drink. Many people wanted to take a rest there, the albergue lies straight after a steep climb and it was short. The most heard question there was: Do you have beer? Most people walked on after the negative answer. The albergue donativo.

It was not short, but hot

If you now albergues who provide this on the Norte, please respond to this message, so I can put them on my to do list.;)
Absolutely do not miss a stay with Father Ernesto at https://www.alberguedeguemes.es

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The monastery of Zenarruza served a communal meal of very good soup and bread. And the little shop there sells big bottles of cold beer.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I recommend this Monestary also. The monks there live in poverty so what you don't eat, they do. There is also the option to pay a little more and stay in a nice room with private bath. It includes dinner and breakfast which was more than soup and bread and delicious. You can buy beer, wine and locally made cheese in the gift shop. Don't miss the late mass by candlelight.

It is a new albergue, ecological they try not to leave an ecological footprint. The food is Very good. The albergue is well organised (for some perhaps too well) For instance to avoid bedbugs, everyone has to shower outside and put on clothes provided by the albergue, you also can not take your sleeping bag Inside. Clothes of cause Are washed every day. The communal meal is very good and vegetarian. It is donativo.If you want to stay here it is best to make a reservation

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Missing from the otherwise extensive list was
The convent in Laredo
La Cabaña de abuelo Peuto in Güemes

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.