[Stevenson Route, France - April 2016]
The Way of St Francis (Sansepolcro to Assisi) May 2016
[The West Highland Way, Scotland - Sept 2016]
[The Kerry Way, Ireland - March 2017]
Next up:
Camino Primitivo (Oviedo-Lugo) end April-mid May 2017
[Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal -- October 2017]
Hey folks,

Alaskadiver posted that there are several forest fires along or near the Primitivo route at the moment. News article here: http://www.elcomercio.es/asturias/

Given I'm due to start my Camino from Oviedo to Lugo in a week or so I think it might be no harm to have a back up plan should it transpire that hiking along those sections is not advisable/safe or just really difficult due to new diversions...

So I'm looking for suggestions /options of where I could go hiking for a two week period if I end up having to abandon my plans to hike the Primitivo. Preferred daily distances are around 10 miles (16km) or less on moderate to easy terrain. Ideally somewhere scenic/ beautiful with minimal road walking. I was thinking there must be sections of the Camino del Norte or other nearby Caminos I could do instead? Any recommendations bearing in mind I fly into Oviedo and out of Santiago with about 12 or 13 days currently available for hiking unless I have to figure in extra travel days to get to/from the alternative Camino trail???

Hoping everyone in the regions affected are safe.

Thanks in advance!

Eilish

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back