• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planes and Trains from Biarritz to Bayonne

peaco

Hi, Could anyone who has, or is intending to travel from Stanstead UK, and walking from SJPDP. recently,or in the near future, enlighten me please, the flight leaves Stanstead UK at 14.05 should arrive in Biarritz at 16.55. there is a train at 17.43 AND 18.00 from the station arriving at 17.53 and 18.09 respectively. its a tight squeeze as the last coach leaves Bayonne Station at 18.12. for SJPDP.the motto of this Question is,what time did OR will. your flight arrive in Biarritz.( it is a 40 minute walk down to the station. Taxi ?.. I am hoping to travel on 23rd March. Kind Regards, patrick

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You could get a bus, or a taxi, from the airport to the railway station. Either would give you lots of time.
The train to SJPP waits for passengers, mostly pilgrims, who arrive on the train from Paris. It arrives in SJPP some time after 19.00 hours.

If you carry hand baggage only you will be at the bus-stop no more than 5 minutes after the plane lands; though even with hold luggage it should only be a few minutes more

The bus to Bayonne Railway station takes the long way round and stops frequently - if you are short of time, consider a taxi - something like 15€ but should be there in 10-15 minutes max

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When I was there at the end of August, the bus from the airport didn't seem to take as long to get to the train station as the one I took in May 2007. I arrived in Bayonne mid-morning, as opposed to late afternoon. We got to the train station in about 10, 15 minutes, whereas in 2007, it took almost an hour.

But if you are pressed for time, you should consider taking a taxi instead of the bus.

Kelly

In order to make the connection by bus you would need to have the extreme good fortune of not having to wait for the bus at the airport. Since this is unlikely you should either plan on taking a taxi or spending the night in Bayonne. The Hotel Paris Madrid is at the Bayonne station and a great value.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back