• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planing my Camino

Doron

Time of past OR future Camino
Planing walk the camino on Oct 2017
Hello all.

This is my plan for walking the Camino

17th of October arriving to SJPP and start walking on the 18th.

Getting to Pamplona on the 20th and take a day off.

On Sunday the 22th start walking.

My flight back home is on the 16th/17th of November. If I calculate the time in reverse I need to be back in Madrid / Barcelona, so I need to be on Finisterre on the 15th ( I wish to see the sunset ) and then on the 16th go to Madrid/Barcelona .

This live me 22 day's of walking (I'm not going to walk on Saturday's), I understand that it's take from Santiago to Finisterre three day's. my goal is reach to Santiago on Friday the 10th of November.

So my question is J.. between the 22th of October till the 10th of November which part's to walk, where are the must site's and which part's I can skip buy transportation? Or maybe to earn three more days on and the way and go from Santiago to Finisterre with bus .

All comments will be accepted gladly

Doron.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello all.

This is my plan for walking the Camino

17th of October arriving to SJPP and start walking on the 18th.

Getting to Pamplona on the 20th and take a day off.

On Sunday the 22th start walking.

My flight back home is on the 16th/17th of November. If I calculate the time in reverse I need to be back in Madrid / Barcelona, so I need to be on Finisterre on the 15th ( I wish to see the sunset ) and then on the 16th go to Madrid/Barcelona .

This live me 22 day's of walking (I'm not going to walk on Saturday's), I understand that it's take from Santiago to Finisterre three day's. my goal is reach to Santiago on Friday the 10th of November.

So my question is J.. between the 22th of October till the 10th of November which part's to walk, where are the must site's and which part's I can skip buy transportation? Or maybe to earn three more days on and the way and go from Santiago to Finisterre with bus .

All comments will be accepted gladly

Doron.

Doron:

Fly into Madrid, take a train to Leon and start walking the Frances. It will be 14-16 days from there to Santiago. Spend two days in Santiago and then walk on to Finisterre, another three days.

This gives you plenty of time to do everything you want.

Ultreya,
Joe

I am another in favour of not skipping. I also see Santiago to the Coast as a separate thingm which does not need to be walked if what you want is to see the sunset.

Start in SJPP and see where you get, leaving yourself a day to get to Santiago by bus/train, a day to get to Fisterra and sepend the night there, and then return to Santiago with the early morning bus to get back to Madrid.

Or, as suggested above, start much closer to Santiago and walk from there, either to Santiago, only including the walk to the coast.

For the coast I would say 4 days, not 3, unless the 30km range is something you know you can do day after day.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You can't have it all...:rolleyes:
Like said before, start in SJPDP and go as far as possible, come back another time to do the rest...
or start closer to SDC and walk to Finisterre.
It is not a sightseeing holiday, but a pilgrimage...;)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back