• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning ahead

steveNY

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk Nov (2016)
So I am all set for my Camino in 2 weeks. All transportation and reservation are made up to Roncesvalles.

How and where should I be concerned about availability of alburges after Roncesvalles? I already assume Santiago Will be mostly booked. I plan to get real early starts so I can meet my destinations early.

Thanks again !!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
If I see it right, you plan to walk in November? No need to worry then as much fewer pilgrims will be on the way. Closer to the time keep an eye on http://www.aprinca.com/alberguesinvierno/ which is updated nearly daily during the winter months with info regarding closed/open albergues. Buen Camino, SY

In November, you will be walking in the dark if you attempt "real early starts." As someone who has made three caminos in October/November, I assure you that this is unnecessary and will waken other pilgrims. You cannot see the arrows in the dark and any walking adjacent to roads is dangerous. Please be considerate of others and take care.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Not sure where the November date was spotted. My MO was to walk for couple of hours in the morning and then over coffee figure out where might be good to stay. And phone ahead to book bed. It worked smoothly!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We walked in July and August from Roncesvalles to Finisterre. I booked the first couple of nights (Roncesvalles and Zubiri). I can't say if the bookings were needed or not, but I know they weren't needed after Zubiri. That was two summers ago. I know that the numbers have gone up a bit since then, but I also expect that May is going to have lower numbers than July and August. We did start booking a day or two ahead at the very end of the Camino, which may or may not have been necessary but gave us a bit of comfort when we started seeing the private albergues we stayed in most often fully booked towards the start of the day.

I just read another thread entitled "Busy May on the Meseta" and it claimed that the CF is very busy right now with accomodations being utilized by a multitude of tour groups. I also remember another thread about a week or so ago asking why there were so many many people currently on the CF.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back