• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning Lana in late August 2019 from Valencia via Requena

Joe McDonald

Time of past OR future Camino
CF14
F'stere14,16,18
P'uese16
Vdlp/Sanabres/Ingles17
Sureste/Invierno18
Lana/SanSal/Primitivo19
Having done the Sureste this year from Alicante I am seriously looking at the Lana but starting in Valencia. The first three or so days of the Sureste are the same roughly so I wanted something different. I loved my experience on the Sureste and the Lana is ticking many boxes again for me. My intention would be to then go to Leon along the CF, follow the El Salvador up to Oviedo and then take the Primitivo to eventually Santiago.

Thanks Kevin for your efforts in producing a great guide which will be very useful for me when I reach Monteagudo de las Salinas.

Having looked at the Camino de Requena (section from Valencia to the official Lana) I was unsure of accommodation in a few places, the first being Loriguilla. Does anyone have information on accommodation along this section and/or know if the poliodeportivo is available in Loriguilla.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Having done the Sureste this year from Alicante I am seriously looking at the Lana but starting in Valencia. The first three or so days of the Sureste are the same roughly so I wanted something different. I loved my experience on the Sureste and the Lana is ticking many boxes again for me. My intention would be to then go to Leon along the CF, follow the El Salvador up to Oviedo and then take the Primitivo to eventually Santiago.

Thanks Kevin for your efforts in producing a great guide which will be very useful for me when I reach Monteagudo de las Salinas.

Having looked at the Camino de Requena (section from Valencia to the official Lana) I was unsure of accommodation in a few places, the first being Loriguilla. Does anyone have information on accommodation along this section and/or know if the poliodeportivo is available in Loriguilla.

Hi Joe,

You will love the Camino de la Lana, no doubt about it. I first did the Sureste and then also the Lana and both have been my favourites ever since. But the Lana is the best! I will go back there this June! August will be dry and beautiful there, just like on the Sureste :OD

I haven't checked out Kevin's guide but I will. The guide published by the Asociación is also very good:

http://www.encaminodesdealicante.or.../ruta-de-la-lana/guia-camino-de-la-lana-1.pdf

Have you seen Sara Dhooma's Vlog? She is currently on the Lana and sends a video on Youtube for every stage. She should be on her tenth or eleventh day by now:

/BP

Hi BP
Thanks for the links. Have already looked at the guide by the Asociacion but it doesn't give much on the Camino de Requena. My main problem is getting information about accommodation in some of the end stages suggested.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Thanks for those kind words Joe. Unfortunately I can't help with the Requena although I know where it goes, and it looks interesting. You could also opt for the Levante as far as Almansa and Alpera. The Lana /Levante split is just outside Alpera and clearly marked. Best. Kevin

Hi Kevin.
Following the Levante out of Valencia as far as Alpera is certainly an option for me but I get the sense from reading about those first few stages that they are not particularly nice, with a lot of road/commercial sections, when there is a more direct W/NW camino route. It seems more logical to take it and also it's good to try and support some of these lesser known caminos ,especially when people have put so much effort into developing them. At least I have options and time to gather the information I need before making a decision on the way out of Valencia. Thanks again for your guide Kevin and your suggestion to taking the Levante to Alpera.
Joe.

Most read last week in this forum

Looking for someone to share a taxi to Sarria from Santiago Airport on Sunday 28th April. Flight due to arrive at 4.15pm We are a party of 2 people

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back