A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Planning my fourth attempt at the Frances

Mckarash

A Coddiwomple expert
Camino(s) past & future
St Jean - Belorado July 2016
St Jean - Sahagun April 14th to April 29th 2017
I've walked the first half of the Frances 3 times but always had to cut it short due to work commitments. Then last October i was told i would be laid off from work at the end of 2018. I sold all my stuff, became a minimalist and have spent a year in the gym gaining muscle and losing 15 kilos of stubborn fat. The plan now is to walk the entire Frances starting Easter 2019 and then The Camino del Norte straight after. But thankfully as i will be unemployed i can take as long as i please and enjoy every step. I can't wait!!

Advertisment

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
I've walked the first half of the Frances 3 times but always had to cut it short due to work commitments. Then last October i was told i would be laid off from work at the end of 2018. I sold all my stuff, became a minimalist and have spent a year in the gym gaining muscle and losing 15 kilos of stubborn fat. The plan now is to walk the entire Frances starting Easter 2019 and then The Camino del Norte straight after. But thankfully as i will be unemployed i can take as long as i please and enjoy every step. I can't wait!!
Well done and enjoy your Caminos! :)

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
? route TBD for April (2019)
Buen Camino... I will be back around the same time but havent chosen a route yet. I was in Pamplona Good Friday Valcarlos/Roncesvalles this past Easter Sunday. I recommend you make reservations if staying in Valcarlos, Everything in Valcarlos was full including the albergue and everyone went to the festival...sign on the door read “Full , closed until 4pm” ... no choice but to continue to Roncesvalles. Most likely The Napoleon will be closed however Orisson maybe open and they sometimes provide transport over to Valcarlos the next day but will still need reservations. Also carry some snacks in your pack as most supermarkets were closed on the holiday. But no worries you will enjoy the Easter festivals.

Denisealldridge

Camino Frances 2014- 2015 Camino Portuguese 2017
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2014 first half
2015 Camino Frances Completed -
Camino Portuguese 2017.
Bad news about being laid off, but I envy what you are about t do. I have also walked Camino Frances i two parts, and the Portuguese Camino. I am going to walk the Frances up to Burgos starting on the 1st September. Again, I am restricted with time as I have to be back at work . One year I will do the whole Camino Frances from start to finish. Happy planning :)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2018)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2018)
I think you will find it amazing! Just did this route May-June 2018. Something wonderful about doing it beginning to end. I found most people could not do the entire route for these reasons:
-did not train
-thus did not test their kit (boots, socks, etc.)
-did not have time to complete it (fitness level in no way equated to # of days they had to do it)
Many people I started with were forced for these reasons to take the bus and cut out 10-13 stages to fit it into their available time. Nothing wrong with that, but I felt bad for what they missed! I saw a graffiti on the way that said " The freedom to continue". I was blessed with the time that granted me the freedom to continue. It makes all the difference! Buen Camino!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Congrats. On all counts. Even losing your job. It is not the end of the world, and your plan shows that you you are using it to your own ends. Carpe Diem, a latín phrase meaning seize the day, comes to mind here. I wish you great life and energy for the rest of your ‘fernweh’, for the rest of your Lebensreise...your life’s journey.

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Francés then Norte? Sounds wonderful to me. As a coddiwomple expert you should have no problem!

Buen Camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%