• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning the Camino Frances in April 2007

Marjeanne

Greetings
Thank you Ivar for your help and welcome message.
What a great website this is! Thank you to all of you responsible for it. I know it will be very useful during our preparations.
I am Marjeanne. I live in Ottawa Canada and walked the Camino from LePuy to Roncesvalles in 2003. It was an unforgettable experience. I hope to do the Roncesvalles to Santiago stretch in April 2007. A friend will be joining me. It is a project to celebrate my 65th birthday and her 70th! A celebration of Life. I can't wait to get going!
To all of you on the path... be safe and well and enjoy!
:D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Marjeanne, :) I intend starting my next camino from Roncesvalles at end of April or early May. My 70th will be on 23rd May. Perhaps we will meet, I do hope so. I walked from Roncesvalles to Santiago in June July 2002 in 42 days and enjoyed it so much (despite the pain!) that I went back in Nov 2003 and walked the last 100km again.

This time I'm having a little difficulty getting the right footwear. In 2002 I wore Brasher Lite Goretex lined boots and found them too hot, but just right in Nov 03. I ought a pair of Mephisto leather boots non-goretex and they seemed just right until yesterday when I walked my longest training walk so far about 15 miles and after 13 miles pain began in my left toes which became unbearable. Boots not quite big enough. So I found a sports shop and bought a pair of New Balance 871s the relief was great!

Alan

When it starts to hurt, stop and take your feet out to air and get a break. Especially when you've got a long way ahead of you, it's better to listen to the first inklings of pain rather than trying to walk through it.

Wulf

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Marjeanne!
nice 2 see other canadian pilgrims!(im from montreal)
i am walk stjpdp-santiago next may
it will be my first pilgrimage and i cant wait to see that part of france and spain!

i wish you the best!

peace!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi all,

I am thinking about going in April 07, too.
Does anyone know, how the weather usally is like in April?
Does it rain a lot?

Thomas

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back