• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning to Cycle The Camino Frances in April 2013

tomp734444

Hello!
I am new to this forum and have recently completed a John O' Groats to Land's End ride in aid of The Firefighters' Charity. The ride took thirteen days in total but on Day 10, I suffered a Cardiac Arrest which caused me to delay the final three days by nine months. I am indeed thankful that I have made a complete recovery, but my condition means that I will need to ride the Camino with a buddy in case anything untoward should happen. My family and friends are unable to undertake the complete ride and I wondered if there is someone out there who is also planning a Camino and who would like some company.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello. I was considering cycling the Camino around that time but I would need a lot more info from you like who you are . M/F name age fitness etc etc and theres a possibility we could do it together.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good luck to you in april. We were planning on cycling then but have decided to go at the end of July due to work commitments. Hope we can cope with the heat. We hope that you fair well and we look forward to hearing your reports of your pilgrimage.

We plan to set off from St Jean and follow the walking route on our bikes. I would welcome people's comments on this. I know it will be busy and we have no wish to intrude on walkers.

As someone who is almost 60 years old and not in the best of health at the moment (chronic fatigue syndrome amongst other things). Is 14 days a reasonable target to get to Santiago given the summer temperatues (we will probably ride early morning, rest midday and cycle again in the evening). I would welcome thoughts and advice from those who have already cycled the Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back