• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning to start between Feb 14 and Feb 18, 2018 - anyone else?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Most probable (It depends a little in the weather) I will start on 17/02 in Pamplona. I will walk up to Grañon, I will stay in Grañon for a couple of days and I will continue ahead.

Most probable (It depends a little in the weather) I will start on 17/02 in Pamplona. I will walk up to Grañon, I will stay in Grañon for a couple of days and I will continue ahead.

Hi Lirsy, I am not sure exactly when I will start. I'll make sure to update you. I want to start from St. Jean so if I met up with you in Pamplona I would need to start by Feb 14th. You mentioned weather permitting, if you do not start on the 17th will you start later?

Cheers - Katie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You can add your start date to the calendar and may be able to connect with others that way as well.

Hi Minta, thank you for letting me know. I won't be able to start that late into February as I have a flight home on March 27th. I will be starting from St. Jean.

How do I add my starting date to the calendar? I went to the calendar page but couldn't find a way to edit / add information

Thanks! Katie

Hi Minta, thank you for letting me know. I won't be able to start that late into February as I have a flight home on March 27th. I will be starting from St. Jean.

How do I add my starting date to the calendar? I went to the calendar page but couldn't find a way to edit / add information

Thanks! Katie

Hi Minta, I figured it out!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Lirsy,
I doubt that Granon will allow you to stay 2 nights as it is not a commercial albergue but parochial albergue. You can always go on to Villoria de las Rioja (5.7km) for the second night and stay with Acacio and Orietta (second albergue as you walk into the village). Small albergue wityh 10 beds, communal meal with supper food and hosts

Hi @Lirsy
I'll be a day or 2 behind you, starting SJPP 12 Feb. Will probably catch up with you in Grañon if you are staying a few days.
Buen Camino

Hi Lirsy,
I doubt that Granon will allow you to stay 2 nights as it is not a commercial albergue but parochial albergue. You can always go on to Villoria de las Rioja (5.7km) for the second night and stay with Acacio and Orietta (second albergue as you walk into the village). Small albergue wityh 10 beds, communal meal with supper food and hosts
Hi @camino-david
Do you think that Acacio and Orietta will be open in February? I've stayed there a couple of times and agree with you... It's AWESOME!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
if you do not start on the 17th will you start later?

The idea is to be in Grañon on the23rd morning (to sleep in Santo Domingo de la Calzada the night 22nd to 23rd). For this I will try to walk on the 17th Pamplona to Puente la Reina. If I start later I will have to start closer in order to reach Grañon on time and not being in any hurry.

I doubt that Granon will allow you to stay 2 nights as it is not a commercial albergue but parochial albergue.

Je je ... They will, they will :):) I am going there to take a course (this is the reason for fixing the arrival date to Grañon).

I'll be a day or 2 behind you, starting SJPP 12 Feb.
Hummm .... I think that you will be 1 day ahead of me :( If you start on 12 in SJPdP, the most probable is that you sleep in Pamplona the night 15 to 16 and I will arrive to Pamplona on the 16th to start walking on the 17th :(:(

Might be I can catch you ;) Anyhow, as far as I can´t reach Grañon before the 23rd, I plan to go slowly, following the standard stages (average per day 22 to 23 km, max. Logroño - Najera 29 km).

What I am a little worried is about my boots. The old ones are basically destroyed and I don´t this I can use them any longer and the new ones are not looking like so comfortable as the old. I already use this new boots a little, I think they are OK ... but I keep having some doubts :confused:.

Buen Camino & Ultreia!!!

Last edited:
Hi @camino-david
Do you think that Acacio and Orietta will be open in February? I've stayed there a couple of times and agree with you... It's AWESOME!
Frankly I don't know if they will be open, but as their albergue is also their home it is likely. Check their facebook book page as the are quite active posters, and send a message

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Hi Katie, I'm considering starting on the 16th, it'd be great to have company as I'm travelling alone. Buen Camino

Hi John, I have a flight booked to San Sebastián on the morning of the 16th so I will either start on the 17th or 18th from St. Jean. If you don't mind waiting a day, I can likely start on the 17th. Otherwise I'm sure there will be other travelers starting on the 16th!

Planning to start between Feb 16-18, 2018. Looking to see if others are starting then

Hi, my mother and I will be starting the 22nd from SJPP. Buen Camino!!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back