• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Plantar Fasciitis (in Oviedo) 2019

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
In case anyone in the future finds themself in the same situation as I was, the following has been my experience...

August 13, 2019-Has anyone a suggestion for where and which type of shoe inserts I should purchase for Plantar Fasciitis in Oviedo?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In Oviedo there was a sports section in Corte Ingles on Calle Uria (straight across from the train station and then about 3 blocks down on the right). There are 2 other sports shops further out in town. They might be able to help

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In case anyone in the future finds themself in the same situation as I was, the following has been my experience...

After searching the internet for an entire day, I couldn't find anything which I would have tried, "in store" because, every item was a "ship to". So, I contacted our Airbnb host (Marcos) who told me about Centro Commercial Salesas http://www.salesas-cc.com. It's not far from the Oviedo Decathalon on Calle Uria or, Forumsport store. Here is a map from the Catedral. Although... I was in so much discomfort that, @ €4.20 a nearby taxi was worth it!

Checked out Centro Commercial first but, didn't find shoe inserts (plantillas, in Español) that came anywhere close to Superfeet Green. However, I DID find a suitable insert at the Forumsports store just across the street.
Screenshot_20190814-152451.png
Bama Outdoor Sport Replacement Liners.
IMG_20190814_144620883~2.jpg

IMG_20190814_144632552~2.jpg

Then, went back to Cortes Inglés and with their help found a Brooks trail running shoe that allowed for the insert and provided additional (high arch) support.
'Brooks Ghost 2'
IMG_20190814_142514902~3.jpg
👣🙏

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190814-103512.png
    Screenshot_20190814-103512.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20190814_144620883~2.jpg
    IMG_20190814_144620883~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As Iñigo M said...
downloadfile.png

One physical therapy session with "Christina" at Clínica de Fisioterapia Vitalia @ €35 included 10-15 minutes of each:
Massage
Ultrasonic massage
A type of infrared heat
Icing
and, kiniseiology taped.
Done very well. However, my case is severe (of course! Otherwise, it wouldn't be a Camino 🤐).

Yesterday I went to Ortopedia Naranco for crutches but, they only had elbow crutches...no bueno, para mi! They referred me to Ortopedia Rical right here in Oviedo where I bought good old fashioned crutches for €50. I got excellent assistance from this wonderful woman...
IMG_20190819_110933499_BURST001.jpg

After learning about a thing called iwalk 2.0, I ordered it online this morning from https://www.maxfisio.es/producto/iwalk-2-0/. I'll let you know how it goes.

BUEN CAMINO TO YOU!

Additionally, I happened to bring my heel savers which turn out to be useful for plantar fasciitis and heel bone spurs. These on available inexpensively on e Bay or Ali Express.
heel2_grande.jpg

Then, I came across this video which appears to make a lot of sense! Instead of trying to heal the resulting pain, figure out and treat the SOUCE/S. 👍

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Additionally, I happened to bring my heel savers which turn out to be useful for plantar fasciitis and heel bone spurs. These on available inexpensively on e Bay or Ali Express.
View attachment 63662

Then, I came across this video which appears to make a lot of sense! Instead of trying to heal the resulting pain, figure out and treat the SOUCE/S. 👍

Another video with a similar approach.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.