Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Playmobil Camino display in Area Central Mall

natefaith

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
Today we discovered an extensive, beautiful Playmobil Camino world in Area Central mall in Santiago de Compostela. They have pilgrims starting from O Cebreiro and ending up in front of the Cathedral in 12th century Santiago. It was really pretty cool :)

Photos below are of O Cebreiro, Portomarin (complete with pilgrim falling headfirst down the stairs - I'm not sure if that's deliberate or not!), a Playmobil albergue, Samos, pilgrims on the road to Monte de Gozo, Monte de Gozo, and the Cathedral in 12th century Santiago.

Attachments

• IMG_4871.jpeg
    IMG_4871.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4870.jpeg
    IMG_4870.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4869.jpeg
    IMG_4869.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4868.jpeg
    IMG_4868.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4867.jpeg
    IMG_4867.jpeg
    578.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4866.jpeg
    IMG_4866.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4865.jpeg
    IMG_4865.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4864.jpeg
    IMG_4864.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4863.jpeg
    IMG_4863.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
What fun!
In 2017 the Playmobil Camino was on display in Villafranca del Bierzo, but I didn't get to see it because the display wasn't open the day that I was there. I also remember seeing a sign for it in Belorado in 2016.

natefaith

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
What fun!
In 2017 the Playmobil Camino was on display in Villafranca del Bierzo, but I didn't get to see it because the display wasn't open the day that I was there. I also remember seeing a sign for it in Belorado in 2016.

Nice! I didn't realize they did a tour with it! Hopefully it will end up in more places where more pilgrims can see it. 👍 And it would be really interesting to see if the pilgrim falling on the stairs in Portomarin was in the display every time, or it was just an accident this time.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Nice! I didn't realize they did a tour with it! Hopefully it will end up in more places where more pilgrims can see it. 👍 And it would be really interesting to see if the pilgrim falling on the stairs in Portomarin was in the display every time, or it was just an accident this time.
As I didn't get a chance to see it in those places I don't know if the set up was as extensive as it currently is. It looks like a lot of work went into it!

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

TaijiPilgrim

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017), LePuy(2019)
In 2015, I saw a Playmobil display in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, if not in the cathedral, close by. I did not think it was a moving exhibit.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
I found several articles about the Playmobil exhibit in different towns.

And you can buy your own Playmobil Peregrino!

Faye Walker

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
I love it…. And I laughed aloud at the pilgrim falling down the stairs at Portomarin… I wish they had a pilgrim blowing off the bridge into Portomarin!
It kinda captures that “crush feeling” after Sarria quite well…

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Today we discovered an extensive, beautiful Playmobil Camino world in Area Central mall in Santiago de Compostela. They have pilgrims starting from O Cebreiro and ending up in front of the Cathedral in 12th century Santiago. It was really pretty cool :)

Photos below are of O Cebreiro, Portomarin (complete with pilgrim falling headfirst down the stairs - I'm not sure if that's deliberate or not!), a Playmobil albergue, Samos, pilgrims on the road to Monte de Gozo, Monte de Gozo, and the Cathedral in 12th century Santiago.
Brilliant! Loved the shells on the backpacks - thank you for this.

natefaith

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017

Mycroft

How long will this exhibit be in Santiago?

natefaith

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
How long will this exhibit be in Santiago?

I looked at some news articles and it's not clear. One article said it would be in Santiago "all summer". :)

Mycroft

I looked at some news articles and it's not clear. One article said it would be in Santiago "all summer". :)

It would be fun if it is there in November!

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Past OR future Camino

good fotos!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings