• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Please advice options for travel from Burgos to Barcelona?

Olivares

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
May 1997 (Leon to Santiago); Sections Camino Frances: May 2011, May 2012, May 2013, October 2013, June-July 2014 (Sahagun to Santiago).
I will be be walking Pamplona to Burgos before having to return to "my other life" :wink: What are the options as far transportation? i am flying out of Barcelona Prat Airport. From where in Burgos to where in Barcelona? I have looked at train, bus, rental car. Not an easy answer. what would you recommend? any useful websites?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would recommend an overnight bus or train.

http://www.alsa.es Bus station - not far from the cathedral

Burgos Barcelona (nord) 12:45 20:30 7h 45min 36,27€
Burgos Barcelona (nord) 13:50 21:35 7h 45min 37,09€
Burgos Barcelona/sants 23:00 06:50 7h 50min 36,27€
Burgos Barcelona/s.andres 23:00 07:20 8h 20min 36,27€
Burgos Barcelona (nord) 23:45 07:45 8h 00min 35,92€
Burgos Barcelona (nord) 23:50 07:35 7h 45min

http://www.refe.es Train from €80

00931 TRENHOTEL 01.22 08.05 6 h. 43 min.
00921 TRENHOTEL 02.15 08.44 6 h. 29 min.
99192 COMBINADO 08.47 14.46 5 h. 59 min.
00621 ALVIA 15.01 21.10 6 h. 09 min.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Javier and sillydoll-- this information is great and the websites definitely helpful. It appears that the overnight bus from Burgos is best choice. My flight leaves Barcelona Prat at 1045 hours so getting into BCN early in the morning is a great option. I also thought of renting a car and dropping it off at BCN; this option was in the neighborhood of $150 with a little more involved logistics.

You can book your ticket for the bus online. They do not accept foreign credit cards but you can pay with PayPal and you then print out your ticket. Alsa buses are very comfortable and an overnight journey saves you an extra night's accommodation.
Hope it all works out for you.

In theory you can fly from Burgos to Barcelona, but it's expensive and only one flight a day (approx 5pm - book via Iberia but it's operated by Air Nostrum). Costs are approx 120-150 Euros at the moment, and that's November. I'd be getting the bus/train!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for the information on flights btwn Burgos-BCN. I agree it is expensive and not a great value given the time in advance one has to be at the airport anyway. I think the overnight bus to Barcelona sants and then train to the airport will be the best bet. Thanks all for your kind responses.

Just a warning about the overnight bus.

In 2004 I suffered more leg damage from sitting on a bus for 12 hours from SdC to Bilbao than I did from the walking.

Make sure you stand up when you can and stretch your legs on any long stop.

I have been on the Burgos to Barcelona train on two occasions. On both I chose to have a seat rather than a bunk. It was ok apart from the noisy passengers. If you do decide to go by train - if you arrive early in Burgos you might want a day in Barcelona - then I would recommend a bunk.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back