• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Please, anyone completed the camino from Namur????

cisilee

Hi

I am new and planning my walking from Namur, Belgium (GR654) to Vezelay first
then keep continuing to Montreal (GR6542), starting on july.
I guess it will take 100 days till to Santiego

Please give me your advice regarding Albergues, where to go to get a credential
and related TOPO guide. I've already contacted to FFR/Stanfords/CSJ
the book are not availabe any more at the moment.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to my post

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi cisilee, I walked the last part of this path - from Troyes - or I walked from Troyes to Bar-sur-Seine to pick up the path. The path I followed was the GR654 - from Namur - Vezelay. I used the Tope guide GR 654. Try the web site:-

http://www.ffrandonnee.fr

- you might be able to get a guide there.

I was very surprised at how much pilgrim accomodation there was, actually expecting nothing. I would go to the tourist office at the end of each day and ask them, and would often be directed to somewhere not listed in anything that I had.

I did a detour into Chaource, and although I didn't stay there I beleive there is a refuge there. There was also pilgrim accomodation at:- Tonnerre, Chablis, and at Auxerre there is a very helpful youth hostel. (nothing at Bar-sur-Seine that I could find!) You do need a credencial for this accomodation, and the Tourist office usually wants to see it before they send you to the places. Where do you get one? Can't help on that score - I would think you should be able to get one at the Cathedral at Namur though at a rough guess.

Take care leaving Auxerre - there is a lovely disused railway path leaving the city, and it is very easy to stay on it for longer than you are meant to and head off on another GR path! - which is why I can't tell you about accomodation past Auxerre (mine was unconventional!)

Hope this helps, Janet

Hi Cisilee and Janet,

I too am starting my Camino in Namur and I keep wanting to do it, and then saying no way, as all I can find are the more "Impressive" places to stay, or expensive I should say. Until I win the lottery, but with my simple style, maybe even after that I prefer to stay at cheap and clean places. Can you share with me some of the places you found? It may be a while ago, I realize, and I can see that you have listed some Janet. Thanks.

I am trying to create a map with the options so that I can share this trail with others. anything would help.

Thanks,
Alton

PS If I win the lottery I would love to set up some decent places all along the route.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I will try and remember, when I get home, to check my notes and let you know. I am on the camino at present and won't be home till the end of the month. I must say, my memory is of being pleasntly surprised at how many refuges there are on this section. I also seem to remember that the VF overlaps this section too, but I am hazy on what accomodation was available in terms of refuges. Janet.

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back