Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Please. . Consider identifying a picture location when posting pictures to the Media section.

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67185

Not really a 'serious' issue at all. But I would love to know where the location is for a posted picture in the Media section, beyond the camino route on which they were taken.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Good idea, Dave! I feel the same, just never thought to ask...I'm glad you did.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019
Not really a 'serious' issue at all. But I would love to know where the location is for a posted picture in the Media section, beyond the camino route on which they were taken.

I agree!!!

Derek Booth

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances March 2019
This one too,,,,,,,,😉
I'm going to go out on a limb here but I've got a feeling that the table is on the plateau after climbing out of Villafranca Montes de Oca on the way (in my case) to Ages.

I recall that after climbing alongside the Alto de la Pedraja I walked through a wooded area with what had the appearance of an Aussie outback unsurfaced road. It even had what appeared to be 'Distance Markers. I had already walked past a monument commemorating an atrocity performed during the Spanish Civil War.

Towards the end of the day and before reaching San Juan de Ortega I have a memory of having a rest at that table (and others like it) I was in the company,of an American couple who were originally from Denver. They were, (excuse spelling) Sean (shawn) and Gina (Geena)

Other than that, can't remember much, (Not bad for a wrinkly) but the Camino did have a wonderful effect on me.

Last edited:

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC

I feel VERY much the same, Dave. I find it very inconsiderate to post a picture and not telling where it is. Very inconsiderate, indeed.

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I feel VERY much the same, Dave. I find it very inconsiderate to post a picture and not telling where it is. Very inconsiderate, indeed.
Inconsiderate? Hmmm, I don't know. Things can vanish on the forum, even the labels on a photo. In 2013 when the forum went through a series of upgrades thousands of photos lost their captions never to return. Perhaps people are labeling photos but the deleting-robot-thingys are still at work...

Last edited:

JohnMcM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Some, and with luck, some more.
I'm going to go out on a limb here but I've got a feeling that the table is on the plateau after climbing out of Villafranca Montes de Oca on the way (in my case) to Ages.

I recall that after climbing alongside the Alto de la Pedraja I walked through a wooded area with what had the appearance of an Aussie outback unsurfaced road. It even had what appeared to be 'Distance Markers. I had already walked past a monument commemorating an atrocity performed during the Spanish Civil War.

Towards the end of the day and before reaching San Juan de Ortega I have a memory of having a rest at that table (and others like it) I was in the company,of an American couple who were originally from Denver. They were, (excuse spelling) Sean (shawn) and Gina (Geena)

Other than that, can't remember much, (Not bad for a wrinkly) but the Camino did have a wonderful effect on me.
I expect there are many tables on Camino routes like the ones you and I found. I came across that particular table on the Camino Primitvo in 2015. It was tucked away under some shrubs on the way from Ferreira to Melide.

Derek Booth

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances March 2019
Perhaps there's a serial peripatetic Painter and Decorator about.

He/She goes out on the Camino's to add even more colour to our lives.😁

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock