A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Please Help: Where to start from coastal to variante espiritual for credential

Limah

Camino(s) past & future
September 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple more hours and need help. I walked Camino Baztan, Camino Vasco and Camino Santiago .. and can you believe it, I haven't been to Santiago yet! I'm coming full circle this time around and plan to make it to Santiago. I am flying into Vigo Airport super soon. I do not have much time and it's important to me that I get a compostela. Here's where I'm still scratching my head:

Mary are saying that someone needs to start in Nigran if they're doing the coastal way and want a compostela (100 km before Santiago). But I haven't seen any mention about where someone can start if they're going from the Portuguese Coastal Way (around Vigo) to Variante Espiritual (boat or no boat?) to Padron to Santiago. I've read several blogs and other writings that people recommended to me ... Alas, I still haven't found anything on where to start if one plans to walk Variante Espiritual from the coastal. Please help a sister out.

Buen Camino!
Halimah

jefferyonthecamino

http://www.barrerabooks.com/ - Guidebooks
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (1994)
Camino Francés (2013 - 2017)
Camino Portugués (2015 - 2017)
From Pontevedra there should be at least 100 km. If not, from Arcade

Limah

Camino(s) past & future
September 2015
From Pontevedra there should be at least 100 km. If not, from Arcade
Hi Jeffrey,
I couldn't get a hotel before Vigo, so your response brings me some relief.
Since Pontevedra is after Vigo ... I should be okay then starting in Vigo and jumping on the Variante Espiritual and walking entire thing without taking the boat?

grifwe

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese coastal
I did from Vigo to SDC in June and added the Spiritual Variente. This was considered by pilgrim office to be 108km so just got compostella! The boat journey to Padron is included as part of the journey. The walk from Vila Nova to Padron is 28km on busy main road and not particularly pleasant. Boat journey very enjoyable. Enjoy Bom Camino

Limah

Camino(s) past & future
September 2015
I did from Vigo to SDC in June and added the Spiritual Variente. This was considered by pilgrim office to be 108km so just got compostella! The boat journey to Padron is included as part of the journey. The walk from Vila Nova to Padron is 28km on busy main road and not particularly pleasant. Boat journey very enjoyable. Enjoy Bom Camino
i wish you could see the smile on my face. Thank you! Thank you so much!

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2016
We walked on the Coastal and went through Vigo. Took the Espiritual Variante deviation about 2k out of Pontevedra. Very well marked. We missed the boat because they would only go with 5 paying pilgrims. They didn't have that many. We were there in October 2016.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 186 24.5%