Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Pleasures of the Camino

johnBCCanada

Hello

I was thinking of the Camino and looking forward to this Fall when I hope to be there again. I was also thinking that many of the subjects on this forum are of how to do things, what should I take, how do I get there. All of which I have appreciated in the past.

When thinking of the Camino to come though I was thinking of pleasures of the Camino past. New friends I met and walked with. Going out with a group of pilgrims I didn't know for a pilgrim's evening meal with some vino tinto and getting to know them in a variety of languages. Meeting some of them again hundreds of kilometres later and many of them once only. Wandering around the roof of the Cathedral in Santiago. The hospitality of a hospitalero in Catrojerez after I hurt my ankle.

I could go on but I am sure that everyone, or at least mostly everyone, who has done a Camino will have their own good memories and I would guess that many of them were of experiences not anticipated at all.

John

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
Pleasures of the camino??? Total freedom to do what ever you wish / never knowing what is around the bend...unbelievable adventures & events....and even when you are at home, well....all those thoughts and memories; reminiscing and thinking the next one will be even better. However anything you meet on the Camino is also around you every day.
Enjoy your travels.

Buen Camino to you

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances