• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Plenty of Camino Angels in Estella!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So sorry to hear this @Zordmot !! Hopefully an Angel will respond but to recover well you should have consistent nutrients and hydration during your isolation. Wondering if you could ask advice of the person in charge of the hostel - either a grocery delivery service or a nearby bar who would deliver meals? Really hope you recover quickly. How long are you isolating?

@Zordmot so sorry this is happening to you. Don't know where you are in Estella, but a few days ago a pilgrim found the family who owns Simones Pizza in Estella to be helpful on another issue. At a minimum they do delivery of pizza so that is at least something.

Hope this is a little helpful. I think the Eroski grocery may also do deliveries in the area. Prayers going your way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We end up in PLR today but are in Estella tomorrow afternoon. If you don’t get food or medicine by then could you please PM me tomorrow morning and when I get to Estella and get my folks settled I will bring you anything you need. It might be helpful to post exactly where you are staying.

We end up in PLR today but are in Estella tomorrow afternoon. If you don’t get food or medicine by then could you please PM me tomorrow morning and when I get to Estella and get my folks settled I will bring you anything you need. It might be helpful to post exactly where you are staying.
Thanks so much Annie! Will be in touch tomorrow morning. This place is on the Camino just after you’ve passed through the central city. Several supermarkets very close

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh no we just left Estella today, I’m so sorry we couldn’t help! I second Simone’s pizza, our host told us they do deliveries. I really hope you find someone to help you soon! Sending you healing energy!

Yes, it's Cruz Roja in Spain and they do have "offices" in most towns. They operated a different kind of support program than one finds in the US.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks so much Annie! Will be in touch tomorrow morning. This place is on the Camino just after you’ve passed through the central city. Several supermarkets very close
Do you have food for tonight? I’m going to have a hard time sleeping thinking about you in your room hungry. Send me a list of what you would like. As long as I can carry it I can bring it to you tomorrow. Also give me your address and room number. If I need to I can take a taxi. Hope you’re feeling better

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello fellow pilgrims. Yesterday I tested positive for Covid. I immediately booked into a hostel/hotel right on the Camino to begin my period of isolation/quarantine. It feels like the worst cold I’ve ever had but it’s holding steady. I’ve had 4 vaccinations and am in good shape. I have a strategy if things turn even a little bit worse.

This hostel/hotel has no kitchen, no microwave, no vending machines.

Like I told family back home, this is a great place to isolate. The only 3 things I miss are breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

I was wondering if there might be a somebody that might be able to drop off something to eat just outside the front door here as you pass through Estella. If so, we could connect by phone or internet and I’ll pick it up just as soon as you’re gone.

My supply of acetaminophen and ibuprofen are also running low.

I’ll be happy to reimburse by paypal if someone decides they can do this.

I would be so appreciative of this kindness. I hesitate to ask because I know many of you respond on a daily basis to needs in your communities and the Camino is a retreat for you.

Also—I’m providing a warning to those just beginning their Camino: no one anywhere are wearing masks, the albergues are full, no precautions taken anywhere. The pandemic has been going for over 2 years and HERE is where I caught it!!! Yikes.
Thanks everyone for the response. I’ve located a local source that’s bringing me everything I need. I tried to delete my post but it only will allow me to edit it. Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!

Thanks Annie, I’m feeling much better. Buen Camino! And thanks again for your kindness

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back