• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pods For Bunk Beds

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, I would like to compile a list of albergues/hostels/gites that have pods for bunk beds, each with their own light, power socket and curtain. Can you add any more to the following (any camino route)? Thanks so much!
Jill

I have updated the list here.

Are there any pods in Lisbon?

Camino Francés:
St Jean Pied de Port – Gite Makila
Pamplona – Casa Ibarrola
Pamplona – Albergue de Pamplona
Estella – Agora Hostel
Población de Campos – Albergue La Finca
Bercianos del Real Camino – Bercianos 1900
León – Globetrotter Urban&Hostel León
Palas de Rei – Albergue Zendoira
Santiago de Compostela – The Last Stamp Albergue (no curtains)
Santiago de Compostela – Albergue Compostela (no curtains)

Camino Portugués:
Porto – Bluesock Hostels
Porto – Nice Way Porto Hostel
Porto – The Passenger Hostel
O Porriño - Alojamiento Camino Portugués
Arcade - Albergue Lameiriñas (no curtains)
Padrón – Albergue Rossol
Padrón – Albergue Corredoiros
Padrón - Albergue Camiño do Sar

Camino del Norte:
San Sebastian – A Room In The City

Camino Finisterre
Finisterre – Albergue Oceanus (no curtains)
Muxia – Albergue Arribada

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
this is great info, thanks to everyone !! :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Looking at their pictures I don't see what I consider to be "pod" beds like those at Casa Ibarrola with privacy shade/curtain.

I noticed that too, so have added it to my list, but added “no curtains”. The curtains are such a luxury! Being able to put my bra on in the morning without squirming around in my sleeping bag and getting tied up in knots, or admitting defeat and going to the loo, is such bliss!
Jill

Minus the curtain but with a lockable drawer under the bed that fits a whole person is the newest (2015) albergue in Arcade, whose name escapes me.
Camino Portuguese

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On the Norte

Postel Bilbao
Heros Kalea, 7, 48009 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
poshtelbilbao.com

I'm in Room 1, Bed 12 in Poshtel (Bilbao) as I type this and I can confirm there are no curtains on the beds in this room.
But it does have a USB jack for charging electronic devices. (Note no 220v outlets at the beds so you have to have a USB cord)

-jgp

Hi Kathy, thanks for the link, it looks really nice, but I’m not seeing any pods on their website. By pods, I mean, a totally enclosed bed space, with complete privacy.

Hi Kathy, thanks for the link, it looks really nice, but I’m not seeing any pods on their website. By pods, I mean, a totally enclosed bed space, with complete privacy.
You are right - deleted the post. I just pulled out my photos. I was sure there were curtains! :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

. . . and I thought they were built in!

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
a lockable drawer under the bed that fits a whole person

Thanks @Kiwi-family - I just about spat my coffee all over the keyboard! It must be the cold-bugs in my brain, but for some reason this put such a picture in my head, I'll be laughing about it all day!

Could you just wear a soft bra to bed and change to a normal one in the bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, never seen such "pods" and done three Caminos.
Guess I stopped in the wrong places.

Do these pods make it nicer for the bed bugs?? teasing....

But, does sound like a good idea. Wow lights, USB, curtains... never knew of such luxury.

€83,-
I loved Casa Ibarolla in Pamplona. When I barely limped into Pamplona from Zubiri, I was so exhausted, and had become very ill from being enclosed in close surroundings in humidity with very ill French women (who would not open the *&() window at night).

I stumbled up into the city, almost delusional in exhaustion and illness, and just made it in. The very kind owner--one of the brothers--gave me the nickname of "princess grandmother," and we were soon laughing. He was so kind. Within not too much time, I was cleaned up, sipping something, and getting into my pod, where I rested until a friend came by, bringing me chocolate.

They let me stay there for an extra night, and the rest was blissful. They had books there, and I found a good one to read, and utilized the little shelves in the pod, finding good places for my phone, my book, my torch, my medications. It felt like heaven. When I started walking again, it was like leaving family behind. I will be back there.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, I would like to compile a list of albergues/hostels/gites that have pods for bunk beds, each with their own light, power socket and curtain. Can you add any more to the following (any camino route)? Thanks so much!
Jill

Camino Francés:
Pamplona – Casa Ibarrola
Población de Campos – Albergue La Finca
Palas de Rei – Albergue Zendoira

Camino Portugués:
O Porriño - Alojamiento Camino Portugués
Padrón – Albergue Rossol

Camino del Norte:
San Sebastian – A Room In The City
The Last Stamp in Santiago

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
awesome place Arribada Albergue in Muxia ( curtains, sockets, light, wood steops upto upper bunks,full blankets, stone foot soaking pool , silent glass auto sliding doors, multilingual receptionist, roof top lounging chairs)

awesome place Arribada Albergue in Muxia ( curtains, sockets, light, wood steops upto upper bunks,full blankets, stone foot soaking pool , silent glass auto sliding doors, multilingual receptionist, roof top lounging chairs)
Those steps to the upper bunks look awesome!albergueaccesiblearribada-fotonova-_O3A3949.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Add: Bercianos del Real Camino (Frances)
(1st bar/albergue as you enter town, the name is eluding me)
New albergue with 16 pods, including curtains, and great bathrooms. $15 per night. Restaurant and bar a little expensive (in comparison) but very nice digs. Pay a little extra for sheets, blankets, or towels. Has washer/dryer.

Hi
I have discovered two more hostels with pods:

León – Globetrotter Urban&Hostel

Porto – The Passenger Hostel

Has anyone stayed at either?
Jill

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi
Can anybody add any more pods to my list?

(See first post.)

Thanks!
Jill

Last edited:
Porto - Bluesock Hostels, Nice Way Porto Hostel
Pardon - Albergue da Portela

Oops, I re-read the posts and see that I missed the two in Porto from luvtravelling.

Having trouble identifying the Albergue da Portela though. Gronze shows it is 6 euros per night with usual dorm beds. So is there another albergue in that area that has the pods?

Jill

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have updated my list in the first post.
Any more?:cool:

Oops, I re-read the posts and see that I missed the two in Porto from luvtravelling.

Having trouble identifying the Albergue da Portela though. Gronze shows it is 6 euros per night with usual dorm beds. So is there another albergue in that area that has the pods?

Jill
I apologize. Look at Albergue Camino Do Sar in Padron.

I would like to update my list in the original post. Could anyone add any more?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
IMG_20200910_155052.jpg

Here is one: the wonderful new (2019) albergue turístico in Comillas on the Norte. La Huella del Camino. Not cheap (20 euro for bed and breakfast), but spotless, a friendly owner and it has it all: duvet, towel, light, socket, locker, kitchen, a little terrace, rainshower...

Many thanks for the last two. I am unable to edit the first post to include them in the list (unless I’m missing how?). I am sure there must be more albergues with pod beds that have opened up in the last couple of years. Will have to do some more research and maybe start a new thread.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Many thanks for the last two. I am unable to edit the first post to include them in the list (unless I’m missing how?). I am sure there must be more albergues with pod beds that have opened up in the last couple of years. Will have to do some more research and maybe start a new thread.
Roncesvalles?

Roncesvalles?

Thanks. Are you saying that the albergue de peregrinos in Roncesvalles has pod beds now? With own light, cellphone socket and curtain?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You can add the list to the to the Resources here on the forum.

If you are in Bilbao, you may want to spend a night in this spacecraft (Optimi Rooms):

30-00-primera-oskar-gonzalez-fotos-capsula-hotel-3_4480_11.jpg

oskar-gonzalez-fotos-capsula-hotel-7_17474_11.jpg

Maybe this is what all the albergues will look like in 2030?
At booking.com one night at Optimi Rooms costs 20-25 euro for a single pod (bedroom? capsule?). They have 36 singles and 14 doubles.

A short 5 mins video from this hostel: PLAY

More pictures from google

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure there are lots more hostels with pod beds (own light, cell phone socket and privacy curtain) since I updated the list over 3 years ago. Can anyone help me with any of the new ones? On any camino. Many thanks! Jill

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow that sounds so good to me! I sure hope they are open in November!!

View attachment 82826

Here is one: the wonderful new (2019) albergue turístico in Comillas on the Norte. La Huella del Camino. Not cheap (20 euro for bed and breakfast), but spotless, a friendly owner and it has it all: duvet, towel, light, socket, locker, kitchen, a little terrace, rainshower...
Thanks for posting this one…I stayed here in October. Nice , clean place on the outskirts of town with good showers , breakfast and outdoor laundry line

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Albergue La Morena in Ledigos on the CF has pods with drawdown screens, light, power, and storage underneath. Also has a nice bar and restaurant. I stayed there 7 October 2021.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back