• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pola de Gordón will have an albergue!

peregrina2000

Staff member
See this article.

They will convert the old train station to an albergue, with a half million euro grant from the “Institute for a Just Transition.” The train station is across the river from the town, but well located to the center.

A little googling shows that the ITJ is a department in a Spanish Ministry, whose objective is to help communities adversely affected by climate change to transition to a new reality. The closing of the coal mining industry has decimated this part of Spain, so they were certainly a good target for this kind of grant.

Pola de Gordón sits on both the Olvidado (mountain alternative) and Salvador, so it’s kind of a logical crossroads place, as the Olvidado gathers momentum.

I bet the two little pensiones in town will lose business, at least in the short run.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Is there WiFi connectivity between Cabanillas, Buiza, Poladura and Benduenos?
Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back