• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pole Handle Covers

Theresa Brandon

Artist, photographer, dreamer
Time of past OR future Camino
Inglés '18, Ingles '19, Ingles '22, Portugues '22
I save the ankle cuffs from worn out wool socks, for wrist warmers, replacement knit cuffs, and pot holders. I never bother hemming them as they don't seem to unravel. I turned this pair into covers for my Pacer Pole handles but the technique could be used on any style pole.

1 - Decide which side you want facing out. I want the knit ribbed side facing out so I turn them inside out. You might prefer the cushioned loop side out.

187535879_309692477289900_7832013883438489459_n.jpg

2 - pull over the handle with the finished edge toward the bottom of the pole. Fasten in place with rubber bands (I use 2 medium size hair rubber bands on each pole, as they are bound in fabric and last longer than ordinary rubber bands). Velcro or elastic would work, too. Experiment with placement to see what works best for you.

186224969_301784884765059_8205314969477990699_n.jpg
4 - invert cuffs over the handles.
186263004_740932196577164_5657823834196796752_n.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I save the ankle cuffs from worn out wool socks, for wrist warmers, replacement knit cuffs, and pot holders. I never bother hemming them as they don't seem to unravel. I turned this pair into covers for my Pacer Pole handles but the technique could be used on any style pole.

1 - Decide which side you want facing out. I want the knit ribbed side facing out so I turn them inside out. You might prefer the cushioned loop side out.

View attachment 100770

2 - pull over the handle with the finished edge toward the bottom of the pole. Fasten in place with rubber bands (I use 2 medium size hair rubber bands on each pole, as they are bound in fabric and last longer than ordinary rubber bands). Velcro or elastic would work, too. Experiment with placement to see what works best for you.

View attachment 100771
4 - invert cuffs over the handles.
View attachment 100773
Great idea!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Brilliant! Do they get warm or moist on a hot day?

To avoid sweaty, slippery Pacer Pole handles, I just pull a pair of (uncut) thin cotton socks over the handles and roll the cuffs up a bit. They provide a secure grip and can easily be washed whenever necessary.

IMG_6903.JPG

I prefer silk gloves. They prevent sweat, blisters and sunburn....
But this might be a great idea to further protect the handles in transit.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.