• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Police for pilgrims in spain

LouiseEdin

Louise Edinburgh
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015; finnesterre 2015; CP from porto 2016; Frances 2017; Mozarabe Feb 2018; CP Sept 2018;
Some time ago I read that the Spanish police have a dedicated number for pilgrims ; - does anyone have a note? Can't find it anywhere
Thanks. Starting from Porto on 12 th sept
Louise

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi,

there is a phone-number the spanisch police offers to foreigners.

+34 902 102 112

It is an office in Madrid where they have translators. They take your report, file it and send a spanish translation to the local polices station, where you have to sign it and then the local police is able to start investigations.

BC
Alexandra

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi,

there is a phone-number the spanisch police offers to foreigners.

+34 902 102 112

It is an office in Madrid where they have translators. They take your report, file it and send a spanish translation to the local polices station, where you have to sign it and then the local police is able to start investigations.

BC
Alexandra
Thank you, really useful info

When you use 112 to contact police, ask for 'ayuda en inglese?' or 'Help in English?' There are bilingual officers you can be connected to.
Thank you, again really useful. Not planning to need any of this but am walking with a group and it's as well everyone has info

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Upload and register with COP-ALERT before arriving in Spain. I walked the Norte alone in March (some days I didn’t meet one person on the paths) and felt much more confident knowing a tap on the App and the Spanish federal police had me located by satellite and offered to speak in English.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have ALERT Cops downloaded on my phone, and I've registered as required by the app - that includes filling in your identity details and telephone number. Which means that I need to update it every time I go to Spain, because I buy a new sim card each time. Once registered and activated (including turning on location services), if I hit one of the buttons ("theft, robbery, assault" "sexual assault" "lost, missing" etc) a message is sent immediately to the police with all my details and current location. I have it on the front screen of my phone, so it is always easy to find and to press the appropriate button.

I've never needed to use it, but it is nice to have.

Some time ago I read that the Spanish police have a dedicated number for pilgrims ; - does anyone have a note? Can't find it anywhere
Thanks. Starting from Porto on 12 th sept
Louise
The number is 112. They will also guide you by phone if you get lost. There is also an app to gets you right to the police. Get it at the app store for free "AlertCops" Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back