• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Polish Albergue Monte de Gozo

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
CF; Norte; Ingles; Augustine; Portugues Central
Can anyone tell me if the Polish albergue at Monte de Gozo is now open as of today April 5th? Thanks hoping to stay there tomorrow night.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Speaking of Monte de Gozo, does the Xunta albergue ever fill up, even in the middle of the summer? Or is there always room?

My own recollection of that place is extremely hazy, since I arrive there from Melide in the middle of the night, and was put in room that turned out to be double-booked (a very drunk Spaniard was surprised to find us in his room when he returned.) We left the next monrning straightaway, so I never got a sense for the place.

Speaking of Monte de Gozo, does the Xunta albergue ever fill up, even in the middle of the summer? Or is there always room?

Always room, unless they have a real big group staying but that happens like every few years! Good place to stay to make the walk into Santiago relaxed and gives you plenty of time to check in accommodation in Santiago, drop your backpack, freshen up and go to the pilgrim's mass! Buen Camino, SY

Can anyone tell me if the Polish albergue at Monte de Gozo is now open as of today April 5th? Thanks hoping to stay there tomorrow night.
A bit of a while since the OP, but I am looking for some more info on the Polish Albergue at Monte del Gozo. I will be through there around mid-Sep this year and am thinking of staying there so that I can get an early start for SdC to get just a sello (I got my Compostella last year) then push on to around Augapesada en-route Finisterra and Muxia. I walked through the huge Xunta Albergue late last Oct but it was a ghost town - fully closed. Besides it looks too big and without any character to me. I heard last year that the Polish A. was very nice. Is there a Cafe nearby to get a meal etc? I’m not into self-catering. My plans might change of course, but I would like to have some feedback if possible please just in case. I am not on FB so cannot look-up their page there. Thanks and Cooee.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I stayed there Early April 2017 very nice experience since I’m of polish descent but I’ve heard it’s closed or being updated.

2016 we had a simple twin bed room, en suite at the Polish Albergue. Dormitory accommodation is also available.
They have a restaurant that serves a variety of food during the afternoon, maybe lunchtime as well, until around 8 p.m. They don't serve breakfast. That's not really a problem as it's only 6 km to Santiago and there are plenty of cafes on the way.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back