Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

(Poll) Weekly email problem

I am signed up for the weekly email and I...

• DID receive the weekly email this Saturday.

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • did NOT receive the weekly email this Saturday.

Votes: 45 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hola all,

Each Saturday the forum sends out an email with the most read topics from the last 7 days. I have gotten a few complaints that people are not receiving these emails and trying to figure out what is going on. (Until then you can read the latest one here).

I see that the forum is sending out emails, but I am not sure if it goes to all that wants it.. or if there is another problem. So, to get an idea of the problem.. if you are interested in getting this email and have signed up for it here, could you please answer this question?

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I have an opposite problem. I have opted out of receiving emails a long time ago as I visit the forum daily anyway. I still receive a couple of random emails almost every day. I prefer keeping my email less cluttered.

sfdithomas

Hi Ivar, thanks for all you do. I used to get an occasional email, maybe once a month? Now they are daily. I’m pretty sure I didn’t change my settings. Seems like this started 4-6 weeks ago if that helps. 😇

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
I had signed up for the weekly email. Starting sometime around the beginning of this month I started getting a daily email and stopped receiving the weekly email. I had not made any change on my preferences.
That is exactly my experience, too. The last time I received the weekly email was on May 22. On May 26, I began to receive the daily email. I had made no changes to my settings. Thanks, Ivar, for looking into this.

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
My emails increased recently like the those in the above comments, but I have received a few randomly for a few years even though I'd opted out...no worries though if it cannot be corrected.

Tulle

1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
Once a week is fine, every day is too much. (I get one every day)

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

patgreen

Hola all,

Each Saturday the forum sends out an email with the most read topics from the last 7 days. I have gotten a few complaints that people are not receiving these emails and trying to figure out what is going on. (Until then you can read the latest one here).

I see that the forum is sending out emails, but I am not sure if it goes to all that wants it.. or if there is another problem. So, to get an idea of the problem.. if you are interested in getting this email and have signed up for it here, could you please answer this question?
I've been getting emails most days. I keep meaning to see if I can reduce them to once a week which is how they used to be, having said that I quite like the daily emails.

Lynn McCoy

St. Jean Pied de Port to Logroño in 2015.
Logroño to Castrojeriz in 2016.
Complete to Santiago in 2017 & 2018
I'm receiving daily emails which is just fine. Thanks, Ivar.

ktchnofdngr

September 2013, June 2016, and July 2021(hopefully!)
I didn't receive any emails for the longest time, but then I came back to the forum to plan for my upcoming Camino, and all of the sudden, I was receiving daily emails. I don't ever remember changing my email preferences, so who knows?

Ruth

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2001, 2003; 2010 (Vezelay); Le Puy (Sept/Oct 2013); Camino Ingles from A Coruña (2016 & 2017)
Hola all,

I signed up for weekly updates but am also now receiving daily updates. Did not change preferences.

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Frances LePuy Primitivo Arles Aragones Norte Rota Vicentina Portuguese Stevenson Madrid Salvador ...
Hola all,

Ivan. Recently I started receiving daily emails titled ‘Yesterday’s most read topics’. This just happened suddenly. I previously received a weekly one every Sunday morning (Australian time)

Camino Frances 2013
Camino Frances to Finisterre/Muxia staring Sept. 2015,

Via de la Plata 2019
Hi Ivar, I’ve always received the daily e mails and still do but are now titled “Yesterday’s most read topics” . I also received a weekly one on Sat/Sunday and that is the one that has stopped without me changing settings.

Walking Lover

CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
Hola all,

I am receiving the emails daily and the weekly highlights.

digger

Mozarabe; Almeria to Santiago May & June 2016
Hola all,

Hi Ivar,
I used to get the weekly round up (my preference) but for some time now I have been receiving only the daily which is a little too much for me.
Thank you,
Digger

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Socks

NYSE

Camino Frances & Camino Finisterre/Muxia April 2019
Hola all,

I'm getting the email every Saturday.

Camino Frances (2014)
Camino Via Podiensis (2018)
Ivan. Recently I started receiving daily emails titled ‘Yesterday’s most read topics’. This just happened suddenly. I previously received a weekly one every Sunday morning (Australian time)
Hi Ivar, same for me - but happy with the daily ones:) Linda

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
ok, thank you all. So it seems it is not working as it should. Some get the weekly Saturday emails and some are not. I am looking into this. If I find out what the problem is, I might fix it and you might get a "weekly" email during mid week just as a one time test. We will see. Thank you all!

"2000" StJPdeP to Hunto
2016 Roncesvalles to Burgos
2019 GR Maspalomas to Gandar
2019 Burgos to Leon
I received 4 copies, 1 at 18.36, 1 at 18.39, 1 at 18,46, and the last 1 at18.55 !!!

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
I received 4 copies, 1 at 18.36, 1 at 18.39, 1 at 18,46, and the last 1 at18.55 !!!
The first one was free. The bill for the rest will be sent at 01:00.

Just kidding.

Now I'll be serious. For your debugging Ivar, I also had the daily emails sent to me automatically recently when I had been getting weekly emails before. I opted out of both and that has been working.

David61

I have always received the weekly email and looked forward to it. Started receiving the daily one and opted out of that but the weekly one also stopped. Just checked and still signed up for that so don't know why. Could I just give my view re the daily email. It arrives and people check the content which then becomes self fulfilling for the weekly email as those posts become the most popular. I found quite quickly the posts I saw on the dailies were the ones on the weekly email

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ivar, my problem may have now been corrected as I have been getting no emails for the last two days, which is my preference.

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
I always found it a bit peculiar that the weekly email was triggered by having been logged into the forum. I am perpetually logged in these days and on here so much that I really don’t need the weekly email. It seems counter-productive to email people who have logged in - wouldn’t it be better marketing to email folks who aren’t logged in?

I started getting daily emails a few weeks ago, and when I went to reset all my preferences, it looked like the number of possible email notifications had multiplied - so I opted out of all of them, and the daily emails have stopped.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I always found it a bit peculiar that the weekly email was triggered by having been logged into the forum. I am perpetually logged in these days and on here so much that I really don’t need the weekly email. It seems counter-productive to email people who have logged in - wouldn’t it be better marketing to email folks who aren’t logged in?
I guess the idea is that if you stop coming to the site (stop logging in), you are no longer interested. If you keep coming back, you are interested...

Either way, you can always go in and fine-tune this to how you prefer it here:

I am still working on why the weekly email is not coming to all. More on that soon (need to hear back from my server guy).

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

luvtraveling

Hola all,

Received

Aragon/CF 08, Arles 10, Le Puy 12, Geneva 14, VdlP 15, Norte/Primitivo 15, VF 17, Levante 18, Moz 19
I happily received weekly emails for years. Then, was it in May?, I started receiving daily emails, which was too much. I went into settings, cancelled daily emails and continued weekly emails. Unfortunately that resulted in no emails, until today, Saturday, when I happily have received my weekly email. Thank you, Ivar, for hopefully fixing the system.

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I had posted a couple of days ago that I finally was receiving no emails (my choice as I view the forum daily anyway), but I now see I am receiving one per day...no big deal really, but I have come to the conclusion that the emails often have "a mind of their own" and Ivar has nothing to do with it.😅

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
I too found the daily emails TMI, so deleted it. The weekly (received in western Canada Sat) serves me well.

Create your own ad
Camino Socks

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, how many of you were signed up for the weekly email last week, and did not get it… then suddenly this week got it.

I am trying to figure out if I fixed it or not, since there has always been some that has gotten it always.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Ok, how many of you were signed up for the weekly email last week, and did not get it… then suddenly this week got it.

I am trying to figure out if I fixed it or not, since there has always been some that has gotten it always.
This is my second week to receive the weekly; no more daily notices are coming in..thanks Ivar

Thurland

Hola all,

About 8 weeks ago, around the time you sent out a couple of emails stating you had made some system changes, and telling us how to sign up for daily or weekly emails, I started receiving the daily one, although I had only ever signed up for the weekly. (At the same time, the weekly one stopped coming)

After a Couple weeks of that I finally found the spot to opt out of the daily ones, and thankfully the weekly ones suddenly reappeared.

So to answer your poll directly.
I have signed up for the weekly forum, and I did get it this week

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

OzAnnie

Veteran Member

I believe mine is ‘as above’ & now seems fixed. I received them both yesterday. Thankyou Ivar.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads