• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Polling Fellow Walkers - Start in SJPP or Pamplona?

NobleHiker

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
Next week, I will be walking the French for the first time. I want to start in SJPP because I want to see the view on the Pyrenees. However, weather forecast calls for rain on that day (Saturday). I am now wondering if I should just start in Pamplona.

Just for fun, I want to poll all walkers: SJPP or Pamplona?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you wanted to start in St. Jean mainly because of the views on the pyrenees, and are truly concerned because there's rain in the forecast, Pamplona.

If you like to go for mountain walks and don't mind walking in the rain, it can probably still be nice to walk the stage from St.Jean. In bad weather you should always walk the Valcarlos route though, which is lower than the route Napoléon, but beautiful in its own way, and has a few options to stop at a café and get a hot beverage in a dry place. There's also an option to stay in the albergue in Valcarlos, half way to Roncesvalles, if the weather is too bad and you prefer a shorter day. You could even call a taxi to bring you from Valcarlos to Roncesvalles, I guess, If you realize at that point that you're tired of walking in the rain.

Whatever decision you make, buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I wouldn’t put much stock in a weather forecast eight days from now.
Or, in the Pyrenees, eight hours from now!

In 2003 I sought advice from the charming lady that ran the Municipal what she thought the weather would be like. She looked up and declared that there would be light showers but the wind would soon blow it all away.

I got to the junction and decided on Valcarlos.

Torrential rain all day, everybody was soaked to the skin, nearly turned back at least 3 times!

Next Camino was out of Pamplona!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Next week, I will be walking the French for the first time. I want to start in SJPP because I want to see the view on the Pyrenees. However, weather forecast calls for rain on that day (Saturday). I am now wondering if I should just start in Pamplona.

That is a tough call to make because the weather very well could change drastically by then and it will be a clear and beautiful day...or maybe not. If you really want to start in St Jean there's always the Valcarlos route when the Napoleon is closed. I have walked both. They're both nice and both have pluses and minuses, but still good.
The overall plus side is that Pamplona is a really nice place to start the Camino Frances and spending an extra day there isn't a bad thing.

If it's just RAIN, then SJPP - because it is still a beautiful walk - maybe go through Valcarlos?
If it's FREEZING rain ... Pamplona!

I walked from SJPdP via the Valcarlos route in 2014 in a driving snow storm. I wouldn't trade that hike for anything - my wife and I still reminisce about it today. If you've got rain gear (which you should), I'd say go for it. Part of the Camino is that everything can't be planned, and you just have to roll with it as you go. Quite often what you get, while not what you expected, is a wonderful experience anyway! :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have walked the Napoleon route twice, once in rain and low cloud and once in sunshine. It's a hike I will remember all my life. Can't say the same for the walk from Pamplona to Puente la Reina!

White interesting results so far, at guess what: Dead even: 5-5-2. 5 for Pamplona, 5 for SJPP, and 2 either/or.

In Mar 2010 we walked from SJPP and it was rainy the day we left Roncesvalles - no problem,
In Mar 2022 we walked from Roncesvalles and it was a rainy day. I fell on the way to Zubiri, broke my wrist, but managed to walk to Logrono (I didn't think it was broken). I'll spare you all the gorey details but we had to cut short our Camino. I had trekking poles, I think parts of the problem-i was talking and maybe not paying as much attention as I should have and I don't think my shoes were "grippy" enough. And, oh yes, I was 12 years older. Next time I'll probably start from Logrono. The way down from Alto de Perdon was wet and rocky and I was very nervous - but "getting back on the horse/bike" and all that. If you decide to go from SJPP just be careful if it's wet.

SJPP any time it's physically possible, if only for the experience. You may be lucky with the views; conditions change rapidly. Take care, however, with the direction markers.

SJPP definitely, you don't want to miss Roncesvalles. I've done it twice, stopped in Orisson the second time, and wouldn't think of starting in Pamplona.

I walked the Frances in 2019 starting from SJPdP and am repeating the whole thing May 5th next month……absolutely start in SJPdP, from my experience 2 of the best stages on the entire trail are in the section before you reach Pamplona…..don’t miss out ! Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

No one said being a pilgrim was easy or comfortable!

If it is your first time and you want the whole 'Way' I would definitely start in SJpdP.
Rain is rain everywhere, but wind and rain high up can be more dangerous! Then switch to plan B Valcarlos. Protect your upper body and lower body for the cold rain...your feet and shoes will dry overnight (newspaper). Wearing Merino wool t-shirt and socks. Wet but keep warm. Check the weather forecast before departure. Myself would start in SJpdP😉
Buen Camino whatever you choose 👍🤞🍀

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Pamplona

I would go to the SJPDP, check the weather forecasts at the Pilgrim Office and decide to wait one or two days if necessary for a better weather.
In 2017, I was there with a pilgrim friend who was eager to go over the Pyrenees. He got pouring rain all the day.
I started one day later, got very thick fog for the first 3-4 km and a perfect cold, sunny day.
Yes, weather can change very quickly.

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I had planned on starting in SJ but after a flight from San Francisco to Madrid and then a train ride to Pamplona, I was tired of travel, so I just starting walking in Pamplona after a good night's sleep. After meeting other Pilgrims who had started in SJ and hearing how muddy and exhausting the trek was over the mountain, I was glad I started in Pamplona...no regrets.

One of the many questions you will be asked by fellow hikers is “Where did you start”. You will end up regretting not starting in SJPDP.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

I started from St Jean 1st April in dreadful weather (snow) so Valcarlos route and 8 hours hard but stunningly beautiful walking up to Roncesvalles. It was a baptism of fire for day 1 of my first Camino but I wouldn’t change a moment of it! The special atmosphere of St Jean, my ‘family’ of walkers who battled up the hill, the warm welcome at the top - for me I would say St Jean every time, weather good or bad.
I have now passed through Pamplona and many more pilgrims have joined us.
Again, I can only give my opinion, but starting in St Jean has given my camino a dimension and depth I know I would not have had in the same way if I had started in Pamplona.
Yes, it’s tough, yes maybe bad weather (good shops in St Jean if you need to adapt clothing) but how much more I am now appreciating every moment and wondering what other challenges are yet to come.
Good luck, Buen Camino whatever you choose.

I say don’t miss going over the Pyrenees. I’ve done it twice…once sunny and stunning, once with fog and rain….both amazing experiences. It was the highlight of the entire walk.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Roncesvalles!

SJPP!!!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

If you want to start from SJPdP, start from there. If it is raining/snowing take the Val Carlos route.

There is no bad place to start a Camino.

If from SJPP , stop in Orisson for the night and have your pack sent and also the next day to Roncesvalles

Or, in the Pyrenees, eight hours from now!

In 2003 I sought advice from the charming lady that ran the Municipal what she thought the weather would be like. She looked up and declared that there would be light showers but the wind would soon blow it all away.

I got to the junction and decided on Valcarlos.

Torrential rain all day, everybody was soaked to the skin, nearly turned back at least 3 times!

Next Camino was out of Pamplona!
A male volunteer at the Camino office in St. Jean assured me with great authority that I could not walk the Napoleon route on my chosen start date because there would be stormy, freezing weather that day. Later, I talked to another, different volunteer who checked the weather report on the spot and told me that the chosen day would be fine, with sunny skies and comfortable temperatures. She was right, and my hike across the Pyrenees was truly memorable. Lesson learned, check multiple sources for the latest reliable information on your route.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

SJPP only because it starts from there... I would not worry about the weather as there is a bigger climb out of Pamplona coming your way and if its raining there , you be better of starting from Estella

SJPDP

The folks at the Pilgrim office in SJPP keep a keen eye on the weather so thats a good resource for you. They don’t hesitate to close it down to pilgrims if there is a risk. In 2019 on April 26th they had to do an emergency rescue off the mountain for more than 50 when weather suddenly turned wet and freezing with zero visability between SJPP and Roncesvalles, so yes respect for weather this time of year is appropriate. I walked that route just 2 days later and it was beautiful, clear, warm, and the views were outstanding. A bit chilly standing in line for the loo at Orrison! That Camino featured the whole variety of weather including glorious Spring conditions, straight-line wind, chilly nights, hot afternoons, rain squalls, monster mud puddles. I’ll never forget the neon greens of the fields and the bright reds of the poppies. I’m coming back this year starting the very same day!

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

It seems to me, depending on time you have available and your fitness level, you have some great options. Besides walking the Napoleon Route from SJPP or starting from Pamplona, you also have the option of walking the Valcarlos Route from SJPP, which is also great.

Still another option is starting in Roncesvalles. My vote is for Roncesvalles where many (perhaps most?) Spanish pilgrims walking the "entire" Camino Frances begin their pilgrimage. Also, it would be ashamed to miss the Pilgrim's mass in Roncesvalles. The two times I have been it was lovely.

Pamplona or Roncevailles if over 60 or have knee or ankle challenges.
Not to be overly sensitive but there are plenty of people over 60 -including me- who walked from SJPDP and had a wonderful time! And I saw lots of people under 60 who struggled. I would not have wanted to miss the Pyrenees nor the night in Orrison.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I walked through from Le Puy to Pamplona one year, then on to Muxia from Pamplona two years later. First trip, I had a rest day at St Jean, and although the weather was misty, enjoyed a day walk up to the plateau, but could see nil! Next day walked the valley route and greatly enjoyed it, but watch out for cyclists and motorcyclists leaning hard as they cut the corners…

This is a really helpful thread thank you! I am starting in a couple of weeks and reading this I've decided to start from Pamplona. Then if I have time at the end I will return to walk SJPP to Pamplona. Since I am flying in and out of Bilbao I will have to travel back over to the Basque country when I finish anyway. I will be stronger and hopefully it will likely be better weather by then. This seems win win!

I have walked twice from SJPP and it was one of the best days on the Camino both time people are so optimistic and in good humor it's a real joy. Having said that the weather was good on both occasions. We met people on the way the first day that became good friends and I wouldn't miss that experience. If the weather is bad go the low road and enjoy the suffering together.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Pamplona

Going in September, SJPP for us even if its raining. Maybe the 2nd time I would want to rethink that one. We plan on getting wet sometimes, it'll make for better stories to to our grand-kids.

SJPdP

SJPP only because it starts from there.
Not really
Not to be overly sensitive but there are plenty of people over 60 -including me- who walked from SJPDP and had a wonderful time! And I saw lots of people under 60 who struggled. I would not have wanted to miss the Pyrenees nor the night in Orrison.

I agree. I know pilgrims in their mid seventies who have had no problem walking from SJPDP to Roncesvalles in one day.

Have done it in rain 2013, sun in 2014 and Valcalos in 2018 (snow), I think Valcarlos is a more beautiful walk through the forest, but at the end of the day its your walk do what you feel comfortable with. there are so many great views and going over the top has lovely view of mountains in the distance but it has stopped many a pilgrim who had enough bt the time they got to Pamplona...do what you feel happy with, dont walk someone else walk or walk their memories.

Why is it SJPP vs Pamplona and not SJPP vs Roncesvalles?
Roncesvalles is a traditional starting point for Spanish pilgrims, like SJPP is a traditional (fairly new tradition though) starting point for non-Spanish pilgrims.
Why has Pamplona risen to become a new starting point? because of Hemingway? Running of the bulls at San Fermines?
The evening mass at the Colegiata de Roncevalles, and the Pilgrims Blessing makes a very special start of the Camino. No reason to miss it. And to miss a walk through beautiful Navarra.

Camino-de-Santiago-Packing-List-4-1.jpg

Picture: A pilgrim by an iconic road sign at Roncesvalles. A stock photo. Not me 🐧

Last edited by a moderator:
While I’m not there, In 2012 for my first Camino I said constantly “ the 60 year olds are the cool kids on the Camino”.
I repeat it each year! In my opinion they are the strongest in what it takes to tackle a camino!

Hook 'em Horns Be sure to stop in El Acebo (after Cruz de Fero) at the guesthouse

Casa Rural La Rosa del Agua​

When I was there in October a fellow longhorn was taking over this Casa Rural, from an Aggie no less. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Roncesvalles Spain

My advise is to go to SJPP and see , the weather is hard to predict and you just need a 12 hr window of fair weather . You could stay over a day if it cleared for the next day . The beginning there you will meet many people starting the same way and will see these people off and on for the entire trip . Once in Pomplona people spread out and is different . The thrill of the Pyrenees challenge and the views are worth the exhaustion. I have crossed there 5 times and it rained , sleeved and shone hot , but I wouldn't miss it

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This is a really helpful thread thank you! I am starting in a couple of weeks and reading this I've decided to start from Pamplona. Then if I have time at the end I will return to walk SJPP to Pamplona. Since I am flying in and out of Bilbao I will have to travel back over to the Basque country when I finish anyway. I will be stronger and hopefully it will likely be better weather by then. This seems win win!
You have one interesting idea: who said the five courses meal has to start with appetizers, dig right into the main course. 😂

Hook 'em Horns Be sure to stop in El Acebo (after Cruz de Fero) at the guesthouse

Casa Rural La Rosa del Agua​

When I was there in October a fellow longhorn was taking over this Casa Rural, from an Aggie no less. :)
Hook ‘‘em Horns! I definitely will. Perhaps I will bring something for him.

SJPP

€60,-
Follow your heart.

Where are you coming from? If not SJPdP, perhaps Roncesvalles?

On my first camino, something was blocking me from walking from SJPdP; when I arrived in Bayonne for the night, my host recommended I walk the Baztan route directly from Bayonne to Pamplona. I floated out of Bayonne the next morning knowing it was the right answer for me on that day. I crossed the Pyrenees on a beautiful route and I did it my way.
The following year I walked into SJPdP from the LePuy route--one of the most memorable days of my handful of caminos. A wonderfully charming city I look forward to visiting and walking from in the future.

If it's the walk across the mountains that is a defining moment for you, you'll find a way. Do your camino.
Buen camino~!

I add up the opinions up to today 11 Apr 2022:

Pamplona ~ 11
SJPP ~ 30
Either / Or ~ 16

I have learned a lot about the camino just through readings the thoughts here. All thoughts are grounded with great reasons and logics. All are right in their own way. What I have really learned though is not about whether to start at point A or point B, but about how a group of individuals, thousand miles apart, can have a conversation about a common interest. Thank you all to offer your opinions.

I will have another tally before I board my plane to Spain on Thursday morning.

Buen Camino!

Roncesvalles, because it's easy going afterwards. If you choose Pamplona to avoid a climb as a start day, you're in trouble. It's a really hard and unending climb to Alto del Perdón (albeit the view is fabulous) but the worst is the unending and risky downhill in those huge rocks right afterwards.

So if you start from Roncesvalles IN season (out of season, it's just about the worst lodging imaginable with obnoxious staff), by the time you get to Pamplona, your body and ankles (and mind) will be acquainted with sudden changes in terrain. Get a cab or hitchhike (from the big shopping center outside SJPDP) to Roncesvalles if you've taken the train to SJPDP.

And DO use any point-to-point luggage carrying service. Purists and sado-masochists, get a (better) life. LOL.

I’ve started from SJPdP twice. Two votes for St Jean.

In September it was pretty warm with amazing views. In April strong winds made for chilly air and a lot of strength pushing against it. Still great views.

Would I do it again, probably. It would really depend on the time I had to walk to Santiago.
If you have the time, I say do it at least once whether you see the views or not. The accomplishment alone will boost your spirit and the conditioning won’t hurt either. Oh and the pilgrims you walk with there create a special bond. Can’t wait to see what you decide.

Buen Camino

I started 3 times in Pamplona and 1 time in sjpdp . The times I started in Pamplona were due to limited time. If I had plenty days to walk the Frances, I would start in SJPDP. So for me it's not weather related but time related:) Enjoy :)

Roncesvalles, because it's easy going afterwards. If you choose Pamplona to avoid a climb as a start day, you're in trouble. It's a really hard and unending climb to Alto del Perdón (albeit the view is fabulous) but the worst is the unending and risky downhill in those huge rocks right afterwards.

So if you start from Roncesvalles IN season (out of season, it's just about the worst lodging imaginable with obnoxious staff), by the time you get to Pamplona, your body and ankles (and mind) will be acquainted with sudden changes in terrain. Get a cab or hitchhike (from the big shopping center outside SJPDP) to Roncesvalles if you've taken the train to SJPDP.

And DO use any point-to-point luggage carrying service. Purists and sado-masochists, get a (better) life. LOL.

I travel light. My backpack and all the content weight in at 8.4lbs, adding another 4.6lbs for everything I will wear, I will carry a total of 13.0lbs. The luggage carrying services folks will probably laugh at me.

I started 3 times in Pamplona and 1 time in sjpdp . The times I started in Pamplona were due to limited time. If I had plenty days to walk the Frances, I would start in SJPDP. So for me it's not weather related but time related:) Enjoy :)
Likewise, I only has exactly 30 days. Talking away 4 days for travelling, I have only 26 days to make the distance. I think I can make it from SJPP, but it won't be a stroll in the park. I will see how the plan work out.

Buen Camino.

Likewise, I only has exactly 30 days. Talking away 4 days for travelling, I have only 26 days to make the distance. I think I can make it from SJPP, but it won't be a stroll in the park. I will see how the plan work out.

Buen Camino.
I have not read any of the above. I was a total rookie (58 years old and had never walked a step more than was necessary), began in Pamplona, it took us 29 days without rest days, but easily managed with an average of 25km per day. By the fourth week, due to circumstances - ie hordes - not hoards!!! - of week long peregrinos - we advanced, thanks to accumulated stamina, thus saving one day from our plan, and so, hah! Arrival, safe and sound in Santiago de Compostela. Buen camino...👣

SJPDP

If time is a constraint, start in Pamplona. If not, SJPDP.
With only 26 days, i would start in Pamplona or even Logrono, depending on level of fitness.

(i plan on starting in SJPDP and arriving in SDC 29 days later. However, i am confident i can average 30km each walking day. If you aim for more, you better be really confident of your abilities)

I walked the CF 4 times from St Jean pde Port, always in mid- July. Twice in lovely sunshine, fabulous views… Twice in complete fog 😳 Could only hear the bells on the cows, couldn’t even see them in the middle of the road.
The 5th time (last year) I started in Pamplona 😁
up to you really and the weather forecast!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Buen Camino.
Dear NobleHiker,
As I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread, it depends on how much time you have and your fitness level.
You have several options in your 26 day timeframe. First, as already mentioned, start closer to Santiago de Compostela. Second, as you mentioned, walk a lot of km every day. You are talking about an average of 30km every day with no days set aside for rest, recovery, or for that matter, few side trips and little sight seeing. That kind of daily average will also mean you are not likely to see the same faces for more than a couple days before walking ahead of those you have met and, perhaps, connected with. In my opinion, you are also upping the likelihood of injury.
Third, you could skip a stage somewhere which, you will find, is blasphemous for me to even write on this forum. I now shudder just thinking about how someone may respond to this god-awful utterance. Skipping a section will also put you out of that familiar community of walkers you have met. There is something significant that can be lost in doing this, and I would think twice about it (and not do it if you can avoid it).

At the end of the day, the idea of starting from someplace that is a more manageable distance from Santiago makes sense. Pamplona (720km to Santiago, 27k avg day) may work, but doesn't (easily) build in any rest/recovery days. Logrono would give you plenty of time, but I think you miss several very nice days walking from Pamplona and the comradery of many other people starting from, or near, there. Frankly, though, Logrono is your "safest" - and best? - bet and gives you a little wiggle room.

That brings the conversation back to fitness. If your fitness level is good - and you get a little lucky and avoid tendonitis, bad blisters, and other injuries, which is unlikely - starting from Pamplona would be great.
You have a lot to consider but I'll wager, whatever you decide, you will have a wonderful Camino.
There is a point at which you simply must put one foot in front of the other and walk, regardless of where you start. Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
All the discussion and 'voting' becomes irrelevant with this new information !?
26 days is way to short to enjoy your walk 🤪
Skip some distance.... Start Logrono, Burgos?
Good luck 🤞
Bien Camino 🍀
I have not intended to skip any part. Just plan to walk more hours each day. 35-40 km a day.
I will find out soon enough.

Buen Camino

SJPP. Always

Best way to "see the Pyrenees" is to arrive via the Via Podiensis (the Camino route from Le Puy-en-Velay) in late April or May. Then you will have the snow capped Pyrenees in view for about 8-9 days and you will be telling yourself frequently "I'm going to get to those mountains and see Saint-Jean-de-Pied-Port and then walk over them and descend into Spain". That's what I did on my second Camino from Le Puy. On the first I started in Pamplona. :)

I have walked the Napoleon route twice, once in rain and low cloud and once in sunshine. It's a hike I will remember all my life. Can't say the same for the walk from Pamplona to Puente la Reina!
I agree. Done twice..once foggy and drizzly and once clear and stunning. Best part of Camino for me.

Done the CF twice and would start at SJPP every time. I just came back from doing 9 days on the CF and wrote a blog.

I walked with a friend who turned 80 at the top of the Pyrenees. Changed his life!

Orisson and the Pyrenees. Magical experiences

You can just wait a day , every body needs a good rest before the climb. st Jean is the traditional beginning. It’s tough but worth it . Later on when pilgrim cut over a paella they ask where you started , you will be “top drawer”

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can just wait a day , every body needs a good rest before the climb. st Jean is the traditional beginning. It’s tough but worth it . Later on when pilgrim cut over a paella they ask where you started , you will be “top drawer”
'top drawer' :) like it, a lot

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back