• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pomeranian/Baltic Way of St. James- Polish sections

TramGirl

Time of past OR future Camino
Pomeranian Way of St. James (2018?)
Hello all! Has anyone here walked some/all of the Pomerian/Baltic Way of St. James in Poland? I ask because I think that's in the cards for me in August and I'm looking for advice and/or fellow pilgrims. :) Let me know! I speak English and I'm learning Polish and French.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wow, what a choice! I haven't walked it, but I visited Szczecin in April and was absolutely delighted to discover St James Cathedral and see the shell sign on a tree in front of it (see attached photo)! I'm going to start my Camino later this month, in a different country, but it was like a sign from St James himself :)

Buen camino! Będzie dobra droga! :)

Attachments

• photo_2018-04-14_13-47-57.jpg
    photo_2018-04-14_13-47-57.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 14
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I live just accross the Polish border in Kaliningrad, Russia and would like to walk there as well, not sure when yet. I know that a guy from Poland, Marek Kaminski, walked all the way from Kaliningrad to Santiago, and as far as I remember he followed the way along the coast of the Baltic Sea, google him, he is quite famous in Poland. There is also a group on Facebook about Camino in Poland, ask there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CaminoPolska/

This thread seems to be more specific. So I write my comment here:

I found a printed guide book for the Pomorska Droga sw. Jakuba / Pomeranian Way of St. James from 2014, available in German or English or Polish or Lituanian. Though there is no update available the description of the way, the landscape etc. will not have changed a lot.

For a look on the guide (in German): https://www.jakobswege-norddeutschland.de/jakuba2014.pdf
To order the guide incl. a map for 16,50€: https://www.jakobswege-norddeutschland.de resp. info@jakobswege-norddeutschland.de

BC
Franz

This thread seems to be more specific. So I write my comment here:

I found a printed guide book for the Pomorska Droga sw. Jakuba / Pomeranian Way of St. James from 2014, available in German or English or Polish or Lituanian. Though there is no update available the description of the way, the landscape etc. will not have changed a lot.

For a look on the guide (in German): https://www.jakobswege-norddeutschland.de/jakuba2014.pdf
To order the guide incl. a map for 16,50€: https://www.jakobswege-norddeutschland.de resp. info@jakobswege-norddeutschland.de

BC
Franz
Hello @Pilger Franz
Here is a Facebook page for the Elbląg section of the Pomeranian Way of St. James beginning in Mamonów :'Pilgrims Friends of the Pomeranian Road Saint Jacob' .

The group is currently active. Someone has posted that it is possible to acquire a pilgrim passport at the public library in Braniewo: Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna w Braniewie at ul. Cathedral.

Cheers
Lovingkindness

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you @lovingkindness for your advice.
In the meantime Emil Mendyk <info@camino.net.pl> answered to my query and sent me 30 sheets, each for one stage from Braniewo to Sczeczin.
The language is polish but likely transferable by google translator. I recognized some of the text and of the printed maps from the guide mentioned above.
The sheets 1 -17 contain a link to an interactive map with the way marked (as a blue line).
The sheets seem to be currently under revision and progress, esp. for the situation for shelters under COVID.

Hola, planeo dar un paseo por una sección del Pomeranian Trail desde Gansk a mediados de agosto. Mi idea son 2 semanas y caminar 25 km al día. Voy con carpa aunque un día iré a un hostal o camping. Me gustaría ponerme en contacto con alguien que haya hecho este camino recientemente y tenga un listado de alojamientos económicos, lugares de acogida o domicilios particulares. También me encantaría que alguien quisiera caminar conmigo aunque fuera alguna sección. Gracias

Hola, planeo dar un paseo por una sección del Pomeranian Trail desde Gansk a mediados de agosto. Mi idea son 2 semanas y caminar 25 km al día. Voy con carpa aunque un día iré a un hostal o camping. Me gustaría ponerme en contacto con alguien que haya hecho este camino recientemente y tenga un listado de alojamientos económicos, lugares de acogida o domicilios particulares. También me encantaría que alguien quisiera caminar conmigo aunque fuera alguna sección. Gracias

Hello @BillCarson1)
All the best with your search. Have you thought of posting your request on the Facebook page of 'Pilgrim friends of the Pomeranian Road Saint Jacob'? That's what I'd do. I'm sure they will answer quickly. The group is currently active and there is lots of interesting information there.

Buen camino!
-Lovingkindness

Here's a translation of @BillCarson1 's request:

'Hi, I plan to hike a section of the Pomeranian Trail from Gansk in mid-August. My idea is 2 weeks and walking 25 km a day. I go with a tent although one day I will go to a hostel or camping. I would like to get in touch with someone who has traveled this path recently and has a list of cheap accommodation, reception places or private homes. I would also love if someone wanted to walk with me even if it was some section. Thanks'

(Edit: Hi there @Pilger Franz . Have you seen this message? Did you walk the trail in 2020 as planned? cheers, Lovingkindness)

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.