• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pont de Lima to Porto airport

Tommy Brown

Time of past OR future Camino
French,Portuguese and via de last Plata. Future,primitive norte
My daughter needs to go too the airport by 8am from Pont de Lima, what is the quickest or easiest way. Not travelling till April but am a worry wart.tommy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It looks like there are buses.

Play around with Rome2Rio.com and you’ll find the bus companies that do the run. It takes about 1-1/2 hours. There seems be one that departs at 6 am.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Mine too. I wouldn't want to worry about a bus being late with a flight at risk.
Thank you,the thing is she's only walking from Porto for 3 days with me and the day before means only 2 days walking

It looks like there are buses.

Play around with Rome2Rio.com and you’ll find the bus companies that do the run. It takes about 1-1/2 hours. There seems be one that departs at 6 am.
Thank you 😊

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you,the thing is she's only walking from Porto for 3 days with me and the day before means only 2 days walking
Would you know how much a taxi would be topovoa da varzim?she could get a train from there to airport?

Couldn't she get the bus on the afternoon of the third walking day? A taxi/Uber might be an option too, but obviously more expensive.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Couldn't she get the bus on the afternoon of the third walking day? A taxi/Uber might be an option too, but obviously more expensive.
We will walk on the 21st April ,her flight back is 9am on 24th ,so only 2 days walking,

There are afternoon and evening buses to the airport from Ponte de Lima. The current schedule only goes through the 10th of March.

We will walk on the 21st April ,her flight back is 9am on 24th ,so only 2 days walking,
Isn't that three days walking? 21st, 22nd, and 23rd?
Where is she flying to? I think that she would need to be at the airport more than an hour ahead of time.

There are afternoon and evening buses to the airport from Ponte de Lima. The current schedule only goes through the 10th of March.

Isn't that three days walking? 21st, 22nd, and 23rd?
Where is she flying to? I think that she would need to be at the airport more than an hour ahead of time.
Yes true but would mean travelling back to Porto paying for accommodation the travelling back to airport, thank you for your help,

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
According to rome2rio, there is a bus at 3:25 am, which would give a longer grace period should the bus break down. I would think a single bus rather than a taxi and train would be simpler. The bus goes through Pavoa da Varzim.

I’d personally consider taking that bus in the late evening, then spending the night in the airport.

According to rome2rio, there is a bus at 3:25 am, which would give a longer grace period should the bus break down. I would think a single bus rather than a taxi and train would be simpler. The bus goes through Pavoa da Varzim.

I’d personally consider taking that bus in the late evening, then spending the night in the airport.
Thanks again for all your help, that seems like a good option.

There is a hostel with dorms very close to the airport - Airporto Hostel - which would have me take an evening bus, and bunk down there for the night and actually get some sleep.

It’s bookable on Booking.com and other sites. It says it’s a 10 minute walk to the airport.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is a hostel with dorms very close to the airport - Airporto Hostel - which would have me take an evening bus, and bunk down there for the night and actually get some sleep.

It’s bookable on Booking.com and other sites. It says it’s a 10 minute walk to the airport.
Another good option, thanks

I’d agree with your personal recommendation rather than trust anything to a 0325 bus (Unless I were a bus driver being paid by the hour).

To the OP: I think we’re pretty much telling it as it is. If you’ve only two or three walking days together, that’s how it is - no creative transport options are going to make a material difference.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Here is another thought, although may not work with your timeline. From Porto you could take a bus south and walk for 3 days to Porto. There is a direct bus to Albargaria de Velha from Porto. Then you daughter flies off and you carry on.

My daughter needs to go too the airport by 8am from Pont de Lima, what is the quickest or easiest way. Not travelling till April but am a worry wart.tommy
Here's another option. Trains leave virtually every half hour from Braga to Porto, which is a one-hour trip. The earliest starts at 4:30 a.m. Take an early morning taxi to Braga, which is only a half hour away by car, then jump on one of those trains. My wife and I did this trip last year, although we took a bus to Braga. But your hotel in Ponte de Lima could easily arrange the early morning taxi. Ponte de Lima, by the way, is a wonderful place, as you can see by our blog post: https://twoclinestraveling.wordpress.com/2023/02/08/ponte-de-lima-a-city-you-cant-forget-2022/

Here is another thought, although may not work with your timeline. From Porto you could take a bus south and walk for 3 days to Porto. There is a direct bus to Albargaria de Velha from Porto. Then you daughter flies off and you carry on.
Thank you, good 💡

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Here's another option. Trains leave virtually every half hour from Braga to Porto, which is a one-hour trip. The earliest starts at 4:30 a.m. Take an early morning taxi to Braga, which is only a half hour away by car, then jump on one of those trains. My wife and I did this trip last year, although we took a bus to Braga. But your hotel in Ponte de Lima could easily arrange the early morning taxi. Ponte de Lima, by the way, is a wonderful place, as you can see by our blog post: https://twoclinestraveling.wordpress.com/2023/02/08/ponte-de-lima-a-city-you-cant-forget-2022/
Thank you,yes it's very nice I've been there many times,wanted my daughters to see it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back