• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ponte de Lima to Caminha Route?

vlogan

Time of past OR future Camino
Various
I'm walking from Porto starting 29 May. I will begin on the coast and then onto Ponte de Lima, I would then like the to cross to Caminha. Does anyone know of a route?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That sounds like the standard Costa route: should be well signed. I'm walking some of it in a fortnight's time.
Porto to Matosinhos 12 km
Matosinhos to Angeiras 12 kms
Angeiras to Póvoa de Varzim 15kms
Póvoa de Varzim to Estela 10 kms
Estela to Esposende (Marinhas) 14 kms
Marinhas to Viana do Castelo 19 kms
Viana do Castelo to Vila Praia 16 kms
Vila Praia de Âncora to Caminha 10 kms. Then to A Guarda by ferry 13 kms

Bon camino, amigo!

I'm walking from Porto starting 29 May. I will begin on the coast and then onto Ponte de Lima, I would then like the to cross to Caminha. Does anyone know of a route?
If you do so , walk from PdL to Rubiães and Valença do Minha. Then follow the Ecovia, a path along the Minho river back to Vlianova de Cerveira. There you could coss he bridge to Spain after the bridge turn to the left and follow the Minho river to Aguarda . Or stay at the Portuguese bank of the Minho river by the Ecovia untill you arrive in Caminha and there cross the river by ferry. To me a bit complicated. Just head from Porto to Caminha by the coast as my friend Stephen Nicolls says.
If you look on google maps, you know what I mean

Passa bem e bom caminho

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Whatever route you take try to stay in Ponte de Lima. It is beautiful.

The green lined path on O Freixo's map from Ponte de Lima to Vila Nova de Cerveira is a rough , high in the mountains path. You will not do that in one day and need a tentequipment for sheltering. Furthermore hardly nobody lives in that area.
We camped outside PdL several times and made some tours in that area.
Nice for surviving but walking a caminho ?

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back