• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ponte de Lima

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I don't know if Ponte de Lima is on the Portuguese route but there is a great festival for those in the area at the end of May

During the 21st weekend (from 25th to 27th of May), the historical town of Ponte de Lima in Portugal will hold a Medieval Fair, a restaging of the local market created by the Queen D. Teresa in the 12th Century. According to the literature, it's an opportunity to discover the customs and flavors of Portuguese medieval times (try to stay away from the flogging part). Kidding aside, there's nothing like visiting a European market, and a medieval recreation of one--with "jugglers, acrobats, craftsmen, minstrels, musicians and fakirs"--sounds mighty inviting.

Ponte de Lima is in the far north of Portugal, a very green and interesting part of the country. Nearby is Braga and Portugal's most photographed church, Santuario do Bom Jesus do Monte. A little further north, at the border with Spain is Chaves, where you can visit an interesting fort, a Roman bridge still in use, gardens, and health spas.

Keep going north and you'll come to Spain's Santiago de Compostela, the last stop on the Camino de Santiago.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
AGACS suggests Ponte de Lima as one of the starting places on the Camino Portugues, Ponte de Lima-Tui. It's a beautiful town. Best, xm 8)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sil, if possible, could u please share the source of ur info? I'd like to pass it on to a friend that will be starting her walk from P de Lima shortly. Thanks, xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back