• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pontevedra to Fisterra ?

Elad

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto - Santiago De Compastela SEP 2019
Hello, we're wondering if the is a walking route from Pontevedra to Fisterra.
We would like to go through Fisterra and Muxia BEFORE arriving at Santiago de Compastela.
Any advise?
Thanks a lot :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Nope, no real trail for that.
Check the map, you have a lot natural borders e.g. rivers, that are not easy to cross.
You can take the spiritual way por a start, then you should find some forrest tracks from Pontecesures/Padron to Noia. Unfortunately the coastal road from Noia to Cee does not seem to have a parallel track.

This is an interesting question, and looking at AllTrails, it might be possible to cobble together something from Padron to Roo, then A Picota and then to Cee. But there is nothing obvious and it might largely be on roads, and won't have the support that you would get from walking one of the camino routes.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Elad and welcome to the Forum!
I just learned of this Camino earlier this week: the Camino do Salnés http://www.osalnes.com/es/descubre/actividades/ruta-padre-sarmiento. It will get you from Pontevedra to Santiago in 9 days. The first 7 days are a bit roundabout and take you to some of the most beautiful areas of Galicia, all on the coast (either ocean or ría coastline).

What I'm not sure of is how to get from Catoira to Finisterre...
Buen Camino!
Faith

I remember similar thread and someone posted that there is a non-marked way that bypasses Santiago on the south side and connects with Camino Finisterre/Muxia.
I don't know about any parallel routes from Noia but as I remember from a bus ride it wouldn't be very nice walking on that quite busy road. Depends on the season of course. Also those coastal towns are very touristy and accommodation would be much more pricey than in other villages/towns.

Please keep us up to date if you'll find any reasonable solution.

Buen Camino!

Thanks alot everyone. It seems to me that the best would to walk till Padron and then walk to Negreira and join in with the trail to Fisterra. From Fisterra to Muxia.
Is there a trail to walk from Muxia to Santiago de Conpastela?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, you would be walking back along the Santiago-Muxia route. I walked this route in 2016, but wasn't evaluating it to see how easy it would be to return along it, nor did I see anyone doing that at the time. But that shouldn't deter you, you will just need to take more care!

Thanks alot everyone. It seems to me that the best would to walk till Padron and then walk to Negreira and join in with the trail to Fisterra. From Fisterra to Muxia.
If you are going from SdC to Fisterra or Muxia two routes split soon after Hospital. So if you'll be walking back to SdC from Muxia you will already know the route between Hospital (1 day or 1,5 day from Muxia) and Negreira. Finding way from Negreira to SdC is very easy IMO. Anyway there will be plenty of people walking in "right" direction :)

The waymarking is in both directions!
The triangle between Hospital and Finisterre and Muxia is well used by people walking in either direction.
No real challenge. Hospital back to Santiago is less common, but should work as well.
If you feel unsure take a GPS with you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back