Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Porterage on the Camino Portuguese

Past OR future Camino
plan to walk
I completed the Camino Francese last year at age 65 mainly because of the porterage service which I found excellent. I want to do the Portuguese Camino in 1917 and was wondering if this is also offered on this camino. I realize that it is not as well serviced with albergues etc but this luxury for me would be the decider.

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Stripey Socks

Past OR future Camino
Hello
I walked from Lisbon to SdC in May/June this year. I did not see any ads for porterage services until I reached Porto. I am confident that they would be available following the Central from Porto to Valenca/Tui and then definitely available from there onwards.

I walked the coastal route from Porto and do not remember seeing any sort of advertising in that region.
Bom caminho
Mel

fmsoares

Past OR future Camino
Caminho Português Variante Espiritual, May 15-22, 2016
I did the Camino Portugues Variante Espiritual in May of this year and signed up for transport service at the hostel in Tui all the way to Santiago. The hostel made all the arrangements. We just had to give our itinerary with the name/address of the hostel for each night. The company was Tuitrans and it was very good. The cost is normally 5 euros per day but we got a slight discount because there were 10 of us. It was money well spent! I'm 67 and this was my first camino and not having to carry a backpack was a great relief.

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Rainerbernd

Past OR future Camino
On St James ways since 1971
Olá, working as hospitaleiro in Angeiras I can highly recommend Tuitrans. We work with this company for years - not an issue at all.

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Past OR future Camino
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
As hospitaleiro at Casa Fernanda in Vitorino de Piães we use to work with Tuitrans too. After bad experiences with others , Fernanda decided only to work with Tuitrans.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads