• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto Accomodation

Kristone Capistrano

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles, Camino Frances-from Lourdes, Camino Portuguese-from Fatima, Kumano Kodo,
Hi Everyone,

Walking from Fatima to Santiago next month.

Just wondering if you guys would recommend booking a hostel at porto or just trying out luck and going for an albergue. Were hoping to take a rest day there too to see the sights. Appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

Kristone

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I spend a few days after the Plata in Porto and stayed in a place I found via AirBnB which worked out well for me. Buen Camino, SY

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if you guys would recommend booking a hostel at porto or just trying out luck and going for an albergue. Were hoping to take a rest day there too to see the sights. Appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

Kristone
Hi, I always stay at the Gallery Hostel:

http://www.gallery-hostel.com/en/

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Kristone
Ola -
i stayed a couple of times at the TATTVA hostel near the Sao Bento trainstation and quite liked it. 2 min walk from catedrale Se. - During a repeat stay i just got "IN" for one night only - as the others were booked solid due to a big music festival in town . (Lucky me....) was totally oblivious of such 'realities' as folk festivals, musical events etc. Might want to check if anything 'big' is planned during the time you intended to be in porto and plan accordingly.
it's a marvelous alive town and i liked it a lot.
bom caminho!
claudia
http://www.tattvadesignhostel.com/

Hi Kristone

Following a recommendation from a forum member I stayed in the Peninsular ( Shame on me for
not remembering who it was ). It was a basic hotel but the rooms were deathly quiet, even with the
air con running. Fantastic location and very friendly staff. From what I remember about £40 for
a double room

Bom Caminho

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can't remember where I stayed in Porto, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway. The first 4 places on my list were full. All things being equal, you should reserve ahead of time to get the place you want. It's difficult to anticipate demand in the city at a particular time.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Kristone
Kristone, Stayed in Hotel la Bolsa. Well situated in center of town. North of the river. It is in the financial district. lots of great eating places. nice walk down a pedestrian walk to the train station. Cheaper hotels, hostels within the pedestrian walk way. Go back accross the river to enjoy the Port Bodegas.

Thanks for your replies. I ended up booking for a friend myself at a hostel ocean - good reviews at hostel world and reasonably priced.

Do you guys think its worth doing the coastal route?

Has anyone done the normal interior route and regretted it (not as scenic?)

Thanks!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back