• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto-Caminha-A Guarda-Oia-Baiona-Vigo-Redondela-Santiago

mmonomm

Hi,

is anybody on this route now? or have you done it?
is it well marked, especially on the A Guarda - Vigo part? i understood there are no albergues, cheaper hotels are on the route? is it frequented? or i would be pretty much alone in April-May?
how much of this route is actually on the sand? on the shore?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
till now these are the informations i've got:

A Guarda - Vigo route is well marked. in Vigo the signs are missing, and after leaving Vigo heading for Redondela the way is well marked again.
Albergues
Mougas (Oia): El Aguncheiro, tel +0034 986361571/665 840 770;
Nigrán (Bayona) Albergue Damas Apostólicas tel +34 986350654/986350328.

the pilrgim who did this route said it is very nice, almost all of that on the shore :)

Hi,

I'm afraid, this route has not any historical sense, is not very well marked, and it's been marked mostly over long road periods.

It's been done because the touristic and economic interests of the local towns.

It takes such a nice views, of course, because the galician coast is so, and because this is a very touristic area for people who lives there, but ... I don't mind to miss it!

I'm sorry but this is the real question.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
hi,

thanks for your opinion. but i think every route has it's beauty, and if i walk along the shore, and then join the historical route before Redondela, i can have both: HISTORY AND OCEAN, TOO. so it depends in the eyes of the viewer :)

mmonomm said:
hi,

thanks for your opinion. but i think every route has it's beauty, and if i walk along the shore, and then join the historical route before Redondela, i can have both: HISTORY AND OCEAN, TOO. so it depends in the eyes of the viewer :)

Hi Monica,

There´s a lot of interests in the Camino of Santiago, and it not always are very clear.

Someone in the south of Portugal, belonging to an association, has had an interest to show a "new route" by the coast. Why? Because the majors of the populations of this area. Of course there's no albergues, no ancient pilgrims in this paths, no historical reasons to walk it. Of course, there's much more paths than the Camino de Santiago, in Galicia, in Spain and whereever you live, but ... if tomorrow, you want to paint some yellow arrows from your house to Santiago, at your own, it doesn't means that this is "another" Camino de Santiago.

And, in Baiona, La Guardia, etc, there's no albergues, people don't know about the Camino, ... and if you want to walk it, it's up to you, but, in my opinion, the Camino de Santiago is much more than that.

It happens something similar in other points of Spain. Not only in Baiona.

But, this is just my opinion.

Buen Camino, enjoy it.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back