• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto Camino 28 June

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Portuguese both inland coastal finestere muxia variante espiritual.
Anybody starting on 29 June from Porto. Just wondering how busy or quiet this year.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will arrive to Lisbon in that day, and travel to start from the south. Keep posting :)
I arrive in Porto from Scotland done Porto to Compostela 3 times already each different routes this will be my 14th Camino over the years missed last year due to covid looking forward to getting back on trail.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are starting on the 2nd of July straight from the airport, as we already spent few days in Porto back in 2016 and the idea of just starting to walk straight from the terminal is just too tempting. Also, the starting stages from big cities are not really our thing :D Just too much civilization. It is just very hard to tell, how busy it is gonna be, my guess is busier than we expectt

Due to fly to Porto tomorrow (4th June) but the UK government are considering downgrading Portugal to amber today. I'm devastated - ready to head for the airport. I miss the camino so much albeit its only my third. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers!!!

Due to fly to Porto tomorrow (4th June) but the UK government are considering downgrading Portugal to amber today. I'm devastated - ready to head for the airport. I miss the camino so much albeit its only my third. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers!!!
As you’ll have no doubt seen Portugal has now gone ‘amber’ for UK travellers. Technically one can still go if prepared to self-isolate for 10 days on return, but the ‘advice’ - as opposed to law - is against discretionary travel.

In other news my flights to Madrid in October have just been cancelled for the second time. I’ve abandoned 2021 with a heavy heart and rebooked for April 2022.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I wonder how long it will be for. If you are going to be gone for a few weeks, it could change back. According to the Portuguese government, they are not happy with the situation as they feel it pertains more to Lisbon not the rest of the country. They feel it will go green again in a few weeks. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Same here feel gutted and let down by this so called government change there minds faster than weather changes all they talk about is data etc no long term planning or thought goes into there decision making

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Same here feel gutted and let down by this so called government change there minds faster than weather changes all they talk about is data etc no long term planning or thought goes into there decision making
Go on then. You decide. On the basis of all the evidence, data and narrative information available to you, now. You decide what is the appropriate action for you to take. Do bear in mind that your decision has implications for 59 million other people over the age of 5. Is subject to the possibly contrary decisions of other governments. And might be a wrong decision that you'll be able to regret at leisure. Government is easy when you don't have to do it.

Oh, and having worked for governments for 40 years, I can confirm - they really are all really bad at it ;)

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...
I am hiking the Norte and Primitive routes starting May 16, 2024. This will be my first Camino. I have access to the Buen Camino app, Gronze, and a guidebook which are all excellent at providing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back