• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto Cathedral Opening Hours on Saturday

Icheepoo

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino (Sept 2022)
Will be attempting my first camino this coming May. My flight is expected to arrive at 2.30pm on the 2nd of May (Saturday). Whats the best way to get to Porto Cathedral from the airport and any idea what time they close on Saturdays. Will need to get our camino passport before we start walking the next day. Hoping that there wont be delays in collecting our checked in luggages also. Anywhere else around Porto we can get the credential aside from the cathedral? Thanks!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi and welcome to the forum @Icheepoo

To avoid stress and as you have time, may I suggest you get your Credential beforehand, either from your local association or here from the website store?
Also, the metro connects the airport with the city center and the opening hours of the cathedral are here: https://www.diocese-porto.pt/pt/catedral-do-porto/

BC SY

It looks like the afternoon hours in May are 2:30pm to 7pm. Though I agree with others suggesting you get your credencial before you arrive. Then you can get your stamp at the cathedral that evening or the following morning? It looks like it opens at 9am on a Sunday.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
One more for getting the credential before you depart. I took a taxi from the airport - very easy and short trip, even with traffic. Just down the hill past the Cathedral is the tourist office - great place for a stamp as well! Bom Caminho!

I got mine from the local Camino chapter , arrived like you will took the streetcar metro Ergo Station São Bento and walked up the hill towards the Cathedral there I got my stamp and bought a second pass port for a friend. I then walked down to the river towards the sea about 15 to 20 minutes along I passed a larger Crochery Store with a restaurant and facilities of course there are many bars and restaurants , because that’s very touristy.

Thanks .. for now I think I will try to get my credential from the cathedral. Trying to save some postage money 😊. Worse case scenario will get it the next day or along the way. Havent quite decided if I should stay in Porto on the first night or somewhere further along the way like around the Foz douro area to cut some km for the next days walk. Don't know how bad jetlag will be and how much rest we need before starting the walk (coming from South East Asia)!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I walked the litoral and my first stop was Labruge but no long flight for me. Porto is sure worth a stay and starting a long walk tired may be not the best idea those famous copple stone may in combination with their famous beverage prove stumpeling stones. You could walk to Matosinhos with her modern draw bridge make a break. there is a Decathlon for forgotten gear items. They have for example poles there. The litoral is an easy walk with long board walks and you could cut over a couple of days later to the inner route. After about a week you don’t feel your back bag anymore and got used to the different body handling with a weight on your back...... but you know all this.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back