• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto Coastal Route Stage stage guide.

rhbear

Time of past OR future Camino
Pamplona-Santiago (Sept-Oct 2017)
Pamplona-Burgos (Feb-Mar 2018)
Porto-Santiago (May2018)
Does anyone have a document similar to the one french one that shows distances, elevations and their suggested stage lengths but for the Portuguese Camino ?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
John Brierley's book, Camino Portugués, has this information, tho the Portugués is pretty flat and the elevations are unimpressive - about 150-250 meters change in a day typically. The only climb I remember is leaving Combarra on the Variante Espiritual.

Does anyone have a document similar to the one french one that shows distances, elevations and their suggested stage lengths but for the Portuguese Camino ?

I am planning my Camino Portuguse based on the inforamtion from the site below:
https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues

The site shows distances, elevations, suggested stage lengths, sight-seeing spots, ...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Gronze is really a comprehensive look at most of the more popular routes.

Thanks for all the helpful info.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
hola, tengo previsto hacer camino potugues desde porto a santiago por la costa a mediados de septiembre. te agradecería me pasaras la nformación de etapas, distancias,albergues etc. muchas gracias y buen camino

hola, tengo previsto hacer camino potugues desde porto a santiago por la costa a mediados de septiembre. te agradecería me pasaras la nformación de etapas, distancias,albergues etc. muchas gracias y buen camino
Check Rainerbernd post May 11th
Check Wikiloc for "Porto Santiago"
Check Youtube

Attachments

• aacs_costa_flyerA5.pdf
    319.2 KB · Views: 56
  • PT_501_V01__2015_Caminho_Portugues_Costa.PDF
    278.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Travessia Ferry Caminha.jpg
    Travessia Ferry Caminha.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 34
  • aacs_caminho_costa.gpx
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • Pousadas de Juventude - peregrinos_2017.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
John Brierley's book, Camino Portugués, has this information, tho the Portugués is pretty flat and the elevations are unimpressive - about 150-250 meters change in a day typically. The only climb I remember is leaving Combarra on the Variante Espiritual.

You meant Coimbra where we read Combarra?

Combarro is on the first day of the Variante Espiritual (after Pontevedra).
Jill
Ok Thanks. I searched google for "Combarra" and didn´t found it on the first 3 pages , so I thought it was a mistake.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Check Rainerbernd post May 11th
Check Wikiloc for "Porto Santiago"
Check Youtube
Attention , talking about the coastal way. Some flyers in the Attachments show the way via Vairão , Rates und then leading to Esposende. Vairão und Rates are on the Central Way. The attachments ar not up to date! Nowadays pilgrims start for the Coastal in Porto along the river Douro, then along the coast via Matosinhos, Angeiras, Vila do Conde, Póvoa de Varzim and so on......................... In Luis Frexo`s page you will find all the maps: http://www.caminador.es/?page_id=117

Last edited:
I have a Camino Portugues guide by John Brierley which has all of that information . . . stages, distances between restaurants, bars, albergues, elevations, etc. etc I used his book for my Camino Frances and was sorry he didn't write one for the del Norte. I plan to walk from Porto to Santiago mid-September, and hope to do the coastal route as much as possible.
HI . - are you doing the walk ? How is it going? Mick

I have a Camino Portugues guide by John Brierley which has all of that information . . . stages, distances between restaurants, bars, albergues, elevations, etc. etc I used his book for my Camino Frances and was sorry he didn't write one for the del Norte. I plan to walk from Porto to Santiago mid-September, and hope to do the coastal route as much as possible.
Hi there. On the coastal Portugués route right now. Currently in Viana Do Castelo and trying to decide if I should take the Senda Litoral route tomorrow to Vila Praia Ancora? Any suggestions). Thanks. Barbara

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi We are on the Camino and wanted to warn our fellow travellers to stay away from O MUINO camping/ bungalow Park. They have signs on the road from Mougas saying pilgrim breakfast available...
I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the Hotels or Pensions may have pilgrim rates that are lower than what you see on booking.com? If this is true how common is this and do you...
Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back