• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto - passport stamp?

Olaes

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk Camino Portuguese in June 2014
Apologies if my question is dumb.I'll arrive in Porto late on June 16 and plan to start coastal route as early as possible on 17th.Got my pilgrim passport from local St.James's society - what is the earliest I could get it stamped?Is Cathedral the only place that I can get it stamped?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Try the Tourist Office opposite the Cathedral Entrance.

Apologies if my question is dumb.I'll arrive in Porto late on June 16 and plan to start coastal route as early as possible on 17th.Got my pilgrim passport from local St.James's society - what is the earliest I could get it stamped?Is Cathedral the only place that I can get it stamped?
You can get your stamp (carimbo in portugès) in your hotel,hostal,albergue, bar, cafeteria, paderia(bakers shop) everywhere but the nicests are from the churches is our experience.
Bom caminho

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you Albertinho! I was worried I'll have to wait till 9 till the tourists office opens!

INSIDE the catedrale they will also stamp your pilgrims passport ( desk to your right upon entering catedrale)
No worries...enjoy the caminho!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We asked a stamp in the church of Tui last year on a sundaymorning before the Mass service together with some other pilgrims. The man in charge was very upset and anoid about our question ! Maybe too busy and the service was more important than the sello in the credential at that moment. So maybe this can happen to you in Porto

More sello adventures :)

In Ordes last month (camino Inglès ) our sello was refused by a priest I asked for. Ordes was off the camino (3 kms !) in his opinion so no sellos given ! We slept in Ordes due to lack of an albergue around ! Maybe this priest slept badly the night before .!
The hotel we stayed was pleased to stamp our credentials

We made a touristical detour from Barcelos to Braga and got sellos in our credentials of the church bom Jesus do Monte. No problem !

Last month nobody complained at the pilgrims office that our first stamp was from the Sé cathedral in Lisbon while we started 800 kms northwards in Ferrol (so the second sello was from the Ferrol tourist office )
Bom caminho and good luck on sunday morning

We asked a stamp in the church of Tui last year on a sundaymorning before the Mass service together with some other pilgrims. The man in charge was very upset and anoid about our question ! Maybe too busy and the service was more important than the sello in the credential at that moment. So maybe this can happen to you in Porto

More sello adventures :)

In Ordes last month (camino Inglès ) our sello was refused by a priest I asked for. Ordes was off the camino (3 kms !) in his opinion so no sellos given ! We slept in Ordes due to lack of an albergue around ! Maybe this priest slept badly the night before .!
The hotel we stayed was pleased to stamp our credentials

We made a touristical detour from Barcelos to Braga and got sellos in our credentials of the church bom Jesus do Monte. No problem !

Last month nobody complained at the pilgrims office that our first stamp was from the Sé cathedral in Lisbon while we started 800 kms northwards in Ferrol (so the second sello was from the Ferrol tourist office )
Bom caminho and good luck on sunday morning
Thanks for taking the time to answer. Maybe i´ll do it on a different day.

Do you know if the desk inside the cathedral will be working on a Sunday ? Thankyou
Even if the person who staff the desk is cranky or not inclined to stamp on a sunday...right outside porto catedrale Se' is a separate building which contains a tourist info ...and they stamp the credentials as well....i asked the lady of the desk herself, and she confirmed with a firm nod :)
Good luck...e bom caminho! Hope you,will savour and enjoy every..or almost every moment of it...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Even if the person who staff the desk is cranky or not inclined to stamp on a sunday...right outside porto catedrale Se' is a separate building which contains a tourist info ...and they stamp the credentials as well....i asked the lady of the desk herself, and she confirmed with a firm nod :)
Good luck...e bom caminho! Hope you,will savour and enjoy every..or almost every moment of it...
Obrigadissima,i certainly hope to savour every moment of it.This caminho willl be the only break i shall have from work this year.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back