• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto road markings near airport

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
The X indicated that this was not the Way, but that is actually the camino, and not the way under the flight path as indicated by the arrows!

I was redirected by a local in a car after I followed the arrows, he told me the markings were wrong,

Has anyone followed the arrows, if so where did they take you?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373647506.160739.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373647506.160739.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 629
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373647525.453570.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373647525.453570.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 627
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373647564.522141.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373647564.522141.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 625
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Re: Porto road markings near airport

I walked the Camino Portuguese out of Porto last September. I followed the arrows and never got near to the airport property. I was at least two or three kilometers east of the airport. The yellow arrows were plentiful, and I don't seem to recall seeing anything like is what is in your first picture. Definitely didn't see anything like the second or third one.

X's, like in your first picture, usually indicated that you had taken a wrong turn. And the arrow in your second photo is not the style used. The arrow in your photo has a full triangle at the "pointy end". I don't recall seeing any like that.

I agree that the X usually means the wrong way, but I was advised by a local to ignore the X and continue on that path, which ultimately took me to my destination on he Camino, I'm just curious where the marked directions would've taken me shoul I have continued on that path without being turned around ?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Frank, It looks like I was a about week ahead of you. I left Porto on 8 July and just got back to France yesterday after a stop in Finisterre. There is another mystery about trail markings exiting Padron where the new train line has terminated the former path, I followed the obvious arrows and ended up at stele covered with black plastic and a fence across the path when I got back on track there were people passing me who obviously had found a short cut to join the new route. I hope you had a chance to stay in Casa Fernanda.

Don,

I certainly did stay with Fernanda , I posted my views on the forum, it was the best stay that I have had on any of my previous caminos, the welcome that she provides to all pilgrims is truly one from the heart, my preference is for the Camino Frances but I would walk the Portuguese again just to stay at Casa Fernanda's

Frank

Ps, hope your keeping well

Frank,
I'm currently in Santiago for St James day, ( which was cancelled about 2 hrs before the official start at 2400 :(

Totally agree with you about Casa Fernanda, it was one of the most festive nights I've experienced in many years. I also loved the munis in Redondela, Barcelinos, Ponte do Lima and Porrino. I stayed at Mundoalbergue in Santiago and would give it 4 stars.

The train accident in Santiago has to have put quite grim pall on the city today.

Next year I'm off to Oloron to walk the Camino Aragones to wherever that takes me. I did the walk this year with severe sciatica pain in my right foot, ouch-ouch on all the descents; actually resorted to crab walking several times.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.