Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Porto - Santiago: Saunders saunters on the Camino Portuguese

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
http://pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html

I loved this Camino. I met some simply amazing people and saw some truly beautiful places.
I invite you to join me on my walk from Porto to Santiago from last July 2009
Tracy Saunders
www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com

Jodi Capitola-Duran

Camino(s) past & future
October 2014 Porto to Santiago de Compostela
It sounds like you took it slow. I want to as well. What stops did you make?
I am a 52 year old looking to walk from Porto to Santiago de Compostela. I would like to find stops that are about 15K apart. Based on hostel availability, what stops would you recommend for a solo traveler? I have about 14 days in early October. Would consider the Coastal route as well. Any help would be appreciated.
JCD

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Wecome to the forum Jodi. Priscillian hasn't been on the forum for some time, but if you copy and paste the link, at the top of her post, into your browser it goes direct to her blog of the walk. (I just checked it)
Buen Camino

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Camino(s) past & future
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
It sounds like you took it slow. I want to as well. What stops did you make?
I am a 52 year old looking to walk from Porto to Santiago de Compostela. I would like to find stops that are about 15K apart. Based on hostel availability, what stops would you recommend for a solo traveler? I have about 14 days in early October. Would consider the Coastal route as well. Any help would be appreciated.
JCD
You can start in Matosinhos-Porto to Vila Cha or Vila do Conde (15 to 20 K)
Next day to São Pedro de Rates albergue. Than to Pedro Furada or Barcelos. Albergue. Than to Casa da Fernanda in Vitorino dos Piaës ( the best place to stay and sleep on the caminho Portuges) on to Ponte de Lima albergue. On to Rubiaës. Hard day but at the end an albergue
On to Valença or Tui albergue
On to o Porriño. Albergue. On to Pontevedra albergue. On to Caldas dos Reyes. Albergue. On to Padrón albergue and on to Teo albergue and last day to Santiago.All distances in between 16 to 20 kms per day except for Padrón to Santiago so I mentioned the stop in Teo .
Bom caminho

Advertisement

Booking.com