• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto to Arcos - Need Help! What train stop?

erkovar

Time of past OR future Camino
Will be doing Portuguese Central Way starting Oct 19, 2018
Hello,
First this forum has been extremely helpful in my planning on getting Porto to Quinta Sao Miguel de Arcos.

My first stop is in Arco from Porto on Oct 18. I land in Porto Oct 17 late afternoon and will try to get all my stuff done (passport, SIM card) that evening but will need to do some stuff Oct 18 morning in Porto and may not leave Porto till the lunch time hour.

I could theoretically, take a cab to Arco if strapped on time but I do want to walk some of the way around 1-2 hours to get me into Arco by 330-5pm at the latest.

What train station should I go to? The Quinta recommended Villa de Conde train station and mapping it looks like freeway walking (yikes), which I want to avoid freeways as much as possible & open to training further North than Maia.

My hostel is in Sao Bento train station in Porto. I really don't want to rush Porto. A divorce has led me to the camino and my ex and I both loved Porto so much we were looking to potentially move there, so there are some moments of solitude for "grievance" and reflection on returning to a "home" but walking that path alone, if that makes sense..The guidebook I have is kinda useless it just shows a route + hotels/hostels.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello,
First this forum has been extremely helpful in my planning on getting Porto to Quinta Sao Miguel de Arcos.

My first stop is in Arco from Porto on Oct 18. I land in Porto Oct 17 late afternoon and will try to get all my stuff done (passport, SIM card) that evening but will need to do some stuff Oct 18 morning in Porto and may not leave Porto till the lunch time hour.

I could theoretically, take a cab to Arco if strapped on time but I do want to walk some of the way around 1-2 hours to get me into Arco by 330-5pm at the latest.

What train station should I go to? The Quinta recommended Villa de Conde train station and mapping it looks like freeway walking (yikes), which I want to avoid freeways as much as possible & open to training further North than Maia.

My hostel is in Sao Bento train station in Porto. I really don't want to rush Porto. A divorce has led me to the camino and my ex and I both loved Porto so much we were looking to potentially move there, so there are some moments of solitude for "grievance" and reflection on returning to a "home" but walking that path alone, if that makes sense..The guidebook I have is kinda useless it just shows a route + hotels/hostels.

There are trains from San Bento to Trinidade. Take the train from there to Vilar de Pinheiro on Metro Line B. There are regular departures and the journey takes 37 minutes.

May this be the first step on a journey of healing and moving on for you. This Camino is wonderful.

Merle

There are trains from San Bento to Trinidade. Take the train from there to Vilar de Pinheiro on Metro Line B. There are regular departures and the journey takes 37 minutes.

May this be the first step on a journey of healing and moving on for you. This Camino is wonderful.

Merle
thank you!1

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back