• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto to Fisterra & Muxia: I want it all!

A

Anemone del Camino

The spreadsheet is out. The flight options are limited. I think I can fly from home over the pond to Lisbon on May 8th and return on a flight on May 3oth. I am trying to squeeze in Porto to Muxia. I have plotted 2 options: coast to Vila do Conde then inland or coast to Vila do Conde, then inland to Fernanda's then coast again via Caminha. This is what I get (please keep in mind my preference for 23 km days and my past record of plantear fasciitis developping on the Camino).

Option A:

Porto to Matosinhos: 12 (to help get over jetlag)
Vila do Conde: 21
Rates: 13
Barcelos: 16
Casa Fernanda: 19
Ponte de Lima: 15
Rubiales: 18
Tui: 20
Mos: 18 ... And then there is something wrong with what I have plotted...
Barro: 25 ... It's much more than 25
Valgo: 20
Teo: 25
Casa Riamonte: 25
Vilaserio: 25
Oliveira: 22
Cee: 20
Linares: 25
Muxia: 15

Or ... Same start to Casa Fernanda and then...

Change of route back to the coast to Caminha: 27
Mougas: 23
Nigran: 16
Vigo: 21
Arcade: 23
And then Barro and the rest.

Option 2 takes me an extra day. I need to work out bus schedules back to Santiago and flights, buses or trains to Lisbon. Will start googling as I post this.

Do my stages make any sense? Are there glaring mistakes? And what about my proposed nighly destinations? Good choices? And which one may be more interesting/beautiful?

Thank you for helping me see things more clearly.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There is limited bus service from Muxia to Santiago. You might need two days to travel from Muxia to Lisboa.

Grupo Hermanos Ferrin provides bus service from Muxia to Santiago

Monbus provides bus service from Santiago to Vigo

Autna provides bus service from Vigo to Porto

Rede Expressos and Renex provide bus service from Porto to Lisboa.

ALSA provides bus service from Santiago to Lisboa on limited schedule.

Renfe provides train service from Santiago to Vigo, Vigo to Porto using Celta, and Vigo to Valenca

CP provides train service from Valenca do Minho and Porto to Lisboa.

Alternatively

Autocares Vasquez provides bus service from Muxia to A Coruna.

There are flights from A Coruna to Lisboa

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I think I will fly out from Madrid, much simpler. Thank you for all that information about how to head back to Lisbon.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back