Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Porto to Santiago in late Sept/early Oct

Sjp007

Year of past OR future Camino
2017 St James
2020 St James
I’m hoping to walk from Porto to Santiago in late Sept /early Oct....what is the weather like during this time and which route would you suggest and why (coastal etc?). Are there many pilgrims walking during this time? Are many albergues still open during these months?
Thanks for your suggestions
S

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Fromista

Camino Frances (2015, 2017)
Hi, I have the same plan / same questions. I am sure August and the beginning of September is very hot. I also think it is better to walk when the school holidays finish. I would also ask if wild camping is allowed in Portugal or are there any albergues who would let you put up your tent? Any advice would be much appreciated.

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
@Wendy Werneth and I walked around that time last year. The weather was good, even for the most part in Galicia! (It was an especially glorious day on our first day on the Variante Espiritual, and I only recall 1-2 days where it rained.) As for pilgrims/albergues, that’s more a COVID question than a seasonal one. Last year at that time there were few pilgrims and we were sometimes the only ones at an albergue or more often with 1-3 others (only Casa Fernanda was full).

If you like, you can go back through my live thread with daily postings that will contain more details.

VictorE

Camino Francis twice
I’m hoping to walk from Porto to Santiago in late Sept /early Oct....what is the weather like during this time and which route would you suggest and why (coastal etc?). Are there many pilgrims walking during this time? Are many albergues still open during these months?
Thanks for your suggestions
S
Either route works > I like the coastal

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads