Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Porto to Santiago

Curious Georgette

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to Santiago march 2018
Hi
Planning my first camino. I would like to know info on biking this part...interior, on my own. Where to rent a bike? Any other info you feel is helpful would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Tami

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.

natefaith

Staff member
2009, 2014, 2017

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
There is a similar thread started by Cycle Gal. I recommended Cycling Through the Centuries. I think doing the coastal route would be difficult on bike due to narrow boardwalks. Cobblestones on a bike would be a real test of your riding skills and as Alex says, there are lots of cobblestone paths in Portugal.

Cycle gal

Portugese Route from Lisbon
Hi all. I contacted cycling through the centuries and they referred me back to their sister company cycle rentals.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.

Martin.P

Via Algarvinia (Sept 12)
Camino Frances (June 16)
Via de la Plata (May 19)
Finisterre (July 16)
Hi,
I used bicigrino.com on the Frances in 2016 & found the bikes (mtb specialized rockhoppers) panniers & service excellent. They are also affiliated to many bike shops on route. They deliver to your startpoint & you drop off in Santiago. MTB will have no problem on the cobblestone if you don't - I wouldn't fancy narrow boardwalks with walking pilgrims, I'd be inclined to shy away from them as it wouldn't be right to expect them to step off to allow a pass.

Most read last week in this forum

In the bicycle touring world there is an organisation called Warmshowers whereby hosts provide free accommodation, a cold beer, a warm shower etc for touring cyclists. So is there an equivalent...