Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Porto to Sarria travel advice

Pontypilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to SDC (2020)
Hi, Does anyone have advice/tips on how to get from Porto (town or Airport) to Sarria by Bus or Train, and then from SDC by train back to Madrid?

Camino(s) past & future
2012 SJPP-Burgos, 2014 Burgos-Leon, 2018 Leon-Santiago
The smartphone app, Rome2Rio is your friend here.
It’s also a web site, Rome2rio.com.
All the best,
Paul

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi @Pontypilgrim and welcome to the Forum!
As far as going from Porto to Sarria, do check out Rome2Rio. It may be that the easiest option will be to take the bus from Porto to Santiago, then the bus to Lugo, then the bus to Sarria. BUT I haven't researched it yet so I'm just spit-balling.

Once you're in Santiago, it's a direct train ride from SdC to Madrid. Renfe.com or Omio.com can show you timetables and allow you to purchase tickets.

Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino!

man.grangeburn

Michael A. Nolan
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria - Santiago de Compostela June (2010).
Tui - Santiago de Compostela Sept (2019)
Hi @Pontypilgrim and welcome to the Forum!
As far as going from Porto to Sarria, do check out Rome2Rio. It may be that the easiest option will be to take the bus from Porto to Santiago, then the bus to Lugo, then the bus to Sarria. BUT I haven't researched it yet so I'm just spit-balling.

Once you're in Santiago, it's a direct train ride from SdC to Madrid. Renfe.com or Omio.com can show you timetables and allow you to purchase tickets.

Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino!
I agree with Natefaith. I would add, however, that depending on your flight arrival, there are several buses each day from Porto Airport direct to SdC. Check ALSA App or ALSA website. Tickets can bought online (printed, and/or stored on 'phone App) Bus Stop at the Airport is the last to the right coming out of the Terminal. I may be wrong but I do not think you can buy tickets when you arrive, both in the airport or off the driver.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock