• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto to Tui

TWagner

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugese route - Tui to Santiago (2019)
Hello peregrinos -

This is my first Camino and I am arriving in Porto Sunday, 9/5 around 20:55 and hope to get to Tui that evening so I may begin my pilgrimage with friends on Monday 10/5. Are there any ride share groups or Uber that I might use to get up to Tui that evening? Thank you for the help.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If there is no train or bus that goes late an Uber or a taxi would cost you a fortune. Whatever the cost is one way you will have to pay double for the driver to get back. Maybe you should look into renting a car. That probably will be pretty expensive too.

Sorry to be luddite but how far is it?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Are you flying in? Using Rometorio website - there is a bus listed from the airport to Valenca leaving 21.55. Valenca is the last town in Portugal before you cross the border into Spain and Tui is just a couple of kms from Valenca. So it would be a very short taxi ride. But it would mean a careful choice of accomodation that you could check in late.

PS - you have 9/5 which is May - given you said Sunday I presume its 9/6 in June?

Last edited:
Sorry to be luddite but how far is it?
From the Porto airport it it about 105 kms to Tui
The bus is an option. Make a reservation at a hotel in Valença with late arrival and start walking next day I should suggest.
It is quite a job to walk in the dark for about an hour to Tui from the busstation and then find a place to sleep in the middle of the night
Mind the public transport is not that well organised during the late hours

The bus station on Av. do Colégio Português in Valenca do Minho is in center town near the rr station.
Do not try to walk up to Tui in the dark from there. However the walk through the old fortress and across the Eiffel bridge to Tui is splendid in daylight.

For a list in Spanish of many accommodations in Valenca do Minho see this citation from Gronze.com. Many of these can be booked through Booking.com.

Good luck and Bom caminho!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks . This is really helpful

The bus station on Av. do Colégio Português in Valenca do Minho is in center town near the rr station.
Do not try to walk up to Tui in the dark from there. However the walk through the old fortress and across the Eiffel bridge to Tui is splendid in daylight.

For a list in Spanish of many accommodations in Valenca do Minho see this citation from Gronze.com. Many of these can be booked through Booking.com.

Good luck and Bom caminho!
Margaret is our "caminho concience " 😎👍

Thank you all for the wisdom and advice. Yes, I am going in June and am looking forward to the journey!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back