• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portrait of a Pilgrim - A multimedia documentary on the Camino de Santiago

Hello all of you wonderful people!

Over the past two years I have walked the Le Puy Camino, Camino Frances, and Camino Finisterre to produce a photo-based multimedia documentary exploring the Camino experience. I am happy to announce that it is finally ready:

Click here to view the project.

Feel free to share it with anyone you think would be interested! It has taken many months to put this out into the world and I would love to hear your feedback.

Warm regards,

Michael George

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Over the past two years I have walked the Le Puy Camino, Camino Frances, and Camino Finisterre to produce a photo-based multimedia documentary exploring the Camino experience. I am happy to announce that it is finally ready:

Feel free to share it with anyone you think would be interested! It has taken many months to put this out into the world and I would love to hear your feedback.

Warm regards,

Michael George

So, you want feedback Michael George,
Well, how about this,
Excellent,
Great written narrative.
Attractive photographs and enjoyable reading.
Thanks.
Buen Camino.

Hi Michael

Great stuff

I love your account and in such a novel format. Your photography is fantastic and I appreciate the time you must have taken to photograph and interview so many individuals along the Camino. I also had a long chat with Father Pius in Rabanal, a wonderful man with a great sense of humour.

What you have written resonates with this pilgrim, many thanks

K.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Fabulous - really brings it to life
So many past memories and an encouragement to do it all over again! I have taken you at your word and sent it on to several friend
If anyone has friends who are doubting whether the camino is for them, this should dispel all doubts.
Well done you
Buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Michael,
Of all the videos, photo albums, and blogs of pilgrims' journeys, this has to be the absolute best presentation of what the Camino is all about. The photos, the narrative, the unusual method of presenting everything -- it's all just so amazing. Thank you for sharing your experiences and your talents with us.
Ultreia,
Jim

Last edited:
This was awesome! And thank you for the expose on David. I spent an entire day with him after a very cold ride on a November day. He had a wood stove going in that little shelter and after pedaling in a strong headwind, I was soaked with sweat and freezing. His little house of the Gods was an amazing respite. I am going back this summer and I will be sure to drop in on him again. Maybe stay a few days.

The work of a true artist. Fantastic photography because it talks to you. The writing was full of emotion as well. You are a professional, and I have sent the link to family who query what an earth I am about to set out on. Muchos gracias.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Michael, thank you! I love it. Awesome. Dolfina

Wow... beautiful pictures and layouts.
I'll take my time to read the articles.
Thank you for sharing. :^)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
...Click here to view the project. Feel free to share it with anyone you think would be interested! It has taken many months to put this out into the world and I would love to hear your feedback.
A very mature documentary centered on alert senses along the Camino Francés (the "multi-cultural Kindergarten"): good writing, excellent photography (from a professional, of course) and insight of the "new generation of pilgrims" experiences. Congratulations!

it is truly beautiful, thank you:)

Michael I have just started looking at your site- at the Le Puy section- which is magnificent. I am bookmarking it to come back to later. It all deserves to be enjoyed in a slower, more reflective way- as you have surely put a lot of thought and effort into putting it all together. Thank you. Margaret

What superb photography. thank you for sharing it

Warm regards,

Michael George

Magical! Spectacular! I am taking my time viewing and reading and contemplating all the images and stories. Thank you for sharing your gifts.

Thank you for sharing your images and poetic writing.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Michael
Having spent more time with it, I'd have to say some of my favourite photos are the ones you took of pilgrims. Some look tired- the way everyone sometimes does- but many have that quiet inner joy showing on their faces. I saw that glow of joy on a woman I met in a hostel in Cahors- and hearing her talking about the chemin she was walking from Le Puy was inspirational for me. Two years later I came back to walk the Chemin myself- and mostly it was the joy on her face that drew me.

I was also interested by your comments about the remoteness of the part of the Le Puy journey you took- and how you surmise it was a shock for those reaching SJPP who had been walking that route. It was indeed the case for me. I have to confess I had walked past Leon on the Camino Frances before I really stopped 'grieving' for the end of walking in France. That might shock people, but it is how it was when I walked from Le Puy the first time.
Margaret

Michael
Having spent more time with it, I'd have to say some of my favourite photos are the ones you took of pilgrims.
Margaret is right! The Camino is about people. We may be impressed by historical buildings and countrysides, but it's the people, whether habitants or pilgrims, that make your presentation so special.:)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you, Michael, for sharing your view and sentiment from the inside out. Your photos feel as if I can somehow touch the heart and mind of the artist behind the lens. As a 'future pilgrim' I still have the odd-timed-heart-squeeze of fear as my departure date gets ever closer; carefully and deliberately reading and taking time with your photography I found myself with the very same tears that came the moment I knew I would walk the Camino Frances. So, thank you. ❤️

Sooooooo glad you highlighted David at Casa de los Dioses. When I asked him why "Casa de Los Dioses" was plural, he said because God is in all things.

He was such a highlight for me, such a pure, gentle, perfect soul to encounter in the middle of a hot desert. I felt myself reverberating with his kindness for miles afterwards. Thanks for such a beautiful treatment of your journeys!!!

Onward kind soul!

Simply brilliant! You should see about getting this published in hard copy. Your treatment of the material, people, geography and culture is perhaps the single best I have seen so far. Many people make videos or create photo essays of their Camino. What you have done is capture the essence, the soul of the Camino. You have also done it in a format that is easy to follow and understand. Flipping from right to left is what reminded me of a book, albeit online.

I am thinking there are millions of people, who will never see this multimedia presentation. That is why submission to a published is perhaps in order. Just thinkin...

Well done!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just finished every word.AMAZING you are an incredible person,who has captured something so raw and full of emotion in the most kind way. Bless You in your lifes journeys !

Michael George, thank you for sharing this with us! In turn, I have shared this with my "camino families." I hope you have found deserved contentment and love in your current home.

Patricia (Camino Frances June/July 2013)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Warm regards,

Michael George

Wonderful pictures Michael, absolutely one of the best collections of work I've seen on the Camino.
Well done.
Brendan

I just went through the pictures so far and they are absolutely great. The text will be put aside until I begin my Camino Combo (Madrid, Frances, Invierno, Fisterra/Muxia) in June, because I got the impression that it will give me a lot while on the road.

Thanks for sharing @MichaelGeorgePhoto !

Hi Michael

These are great photos. I really like the way you have organized the content into chapters that include a mixture of still images, text, film clips and music.

Have you considered publishing an interactive ibook ? What you have shown on you website, would work well within an interactive ibook.

Regards

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Beautiful, thank you for sharing :)

I just spent the past 3 hours enjoying your project.... reading every word and even shedding a tear with memories of my own. Thank you for doing this Michael!

Warm regards,

Michael George
Hi Michael,
Congratulations on a beautiful and inspirational documentary, its such a precious gift to all who read it. You have captured the Camino so perfectly and eloquently with such a real interpretation of your journey. I read your words, and felt like many of them were my own, your images were my memories, your ability to take me back onto the camino was perfection. I really appreciated your honest thoughts and feelings when you arrived back in NYC and the reality of being back home hit you. I think that is one of the hardest parts of the Camino, going home, and putting it all into perspective in our lives and not loose who we are, and who we became.
I am leaving in 5 days to do the Camino Portuguese, this will be my second Camino and reading you documentary was a perfect blessing to start my day. ( of course now I have to focus on work until thursday, but I will have such an amazing smile on my face )
Thank you again Michael.
Tracey

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I really could not add more than those congratulating you above Michael, but I shall cherish many of your thoughts, you caught the Camino spirit throughout with photographs and prose thank you for sharing those with us. God bless you for all your wonderful efforts and may you find home where ever you go in your life!

Absolutely wonderful... Thank you so much Michael..
Such a pleasure... Xxxx

Warm regards,

Michael George
Thank you Michael beautiful words & images - I set off on CF in five weeks and this has certainly wetted my appetite ...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very Well Done! And it brought back many memories.

My personal favourite photograph "Sunrise Over Rabinal"

Warm regards,

Michael George
The most beautiful documentary I've seen on the Camino. Your photos were unbelievably lovely. Congratulations on a wonderful piece of work and your Camino pilgrimage. I will definitely share this with my friends.

Even though I "subscribed" to this when I posted it I didn't receive an email notifying me of any replies until yesterday! I arrived to the thread this morning and my heart swelled one thousand times. Knowing the project has touched all of you is all I needed to feel the project was a success. It was a true labor of love and I do have some exciting news about the projects future! It was chosen by National Geographic Magazine to be printed in the January 2015 issue.

I do hope one day to make it into an actual book, but hopefully that article will give it a bit of a push into the spotlight.

I want to reply to each and every one of you but right now I'm already late for work. I'll be in touch soon!! Love from New York.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Even though I "subscribed" to this when I posted it I didn't receive an email notifying me of any replies until yesterday! I arrived to the thread this morning and my heart swelled one thousand times. Knowing the project has touched all of you is all I needed to feel the project was a success. It was a true labor of love and I do have some exciting news about the projects future! It was chosen by National Geographic Magazine to be printed in the January 2015 issue.

I do hope one day to make it into an actual book, but hopefully that article will give it a bit of a push into the spotlight.

I want to reply to each and every one of you but right now I'm already late for work. I'll be in touch soon!! Love from New York.
Wonderful news Michael... enjoyed every page of your blog and the photos are quite simply brilliant... looking forward to the book.. and a copy of January 2015´s National Geographic Magazine...how exiting...congratulations!!!!
Camino hugs..Xxxx

Warm regards,

Michael George
Absolutely stunning project - congrats!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back