• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugal Interior Camino (Coimbra to Chaves - then Sanabres)

Time of past OR future Camino
So many since 2003.
I’m still inthe planing stage for the camino through the centre of Portugal called the Interior (many thanks to Amsimoes for the info quoted below on all the Portugues caminos)
In Portugal we have (among others the following Caminhos):
1. Central Caminho, Lisbon to Compostela, which is the most common.
2. Coastal the Caminho, Lisbon to Compostela (a common route is marked with arrows from the Estoril to Fatima and Oporto to Santiago). Nazaré to Porto is not yet marked with arrows.
3. The Interior Caminho, Coimbra to Chaves (but is only marked with arrows of Viseu to Chaves)
4. The Eastern Caminho, Algarve to Compostela, but crosses the Interior Caminho and the Central Caminho. (partially marked with arrows)
5. The Caminho Torres, starting in Salamanca and also crosses the Interior Caminho (in Lamego) and the Central Caminho in Ponte de Lima.

I also have info from the site http://www.cpisantiago.pt/ giving basic info on available albergues and possible stages. My plan is to continue from Chaves to Verin and continue on the Sanabres. (Open to other suggestions though). I plan to walk in October so maybe will have a fair amount of rain.

Have you walked this route? Can you help with your own stories/tricky spots/recommendations?

Many thanks, Grace

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back